Page Location: Home > 1080 Avalanche > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok well I just saw the most recent trailer for 1080 avalanche. It blew me away. I recently saw SSX3 in action. Kontact was over and brought SSX3 for PS2 over and played through the 30 minute mountain thing. It was pretty impressive. However.....very arcade like. There wasn't that many particle effects. The char was very crisp...but it seemed all the time as if this was taking place in an in-door snowboarding dome or something. All of the lighting seem rather unatural.

Many times I walk out to the living room and actually turn on the TV. Well on some of the movie channels there have been these awsome, snowboarding and skiiing documentaries on at like 10 in the morning. I get locked on them, seeing all the far off countries, and watching these people travel around....clumib up a mountain and then just........freestyle all the way down.

1080 Avalanche matches this far more. I could see in thr trailer your clothes actually got snow on them over time.....and in the wind there is snow blowing up left and right. 1080 Avalanche actually LOOKED cold...like it was in the winter. SSX3 just doesn't look like it's really all that cold outside...people are boarding around in a mini vest and no hat on....it...seemed kinda phony to me. Great if your into the whole arcade feeling, and from watching Kontact play it looked really fun.

However looking at 1080, i feel i am going to get a more real experience of snow boarding.

If you wanna check out the trailer hit up:
http://www.happypuppy.com

This is where i go for easy access to game trailers.
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:03 pm
quote : #2
ill look at it but i never for 'into' snowboarding games
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:05 pm
quote : #3
I actually went to a Toys R' Us in Times Square and played a demo and it felt different from the N64 version. I couldn't control the board Sad
But graphically, it was awesome, I personally like that when you fall the snow gets stuck to you and the wind effects were looking really good!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:24 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well the controls in the game...are a tad more difficult that normal. There is a specific way you have to land or you will fall. I think this is great because it add's realism. Once one were to get the controls down and know what does what, I feel this will add an immense amount of control to the game. More so than a pick up and play type, which would get stale quickly.