Topic: TimeSplitters 2 Maps

Page 1 of 1
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey, I was wondering who else here plays TimeSplitters 2? I have the game, and absolutely love it. Too bad it's not LAN compatible like the PS2 version.. anyway.. I'm sure that, if you have the game, you've at least looked at the MapMaker and fooled around with it. I know I have (all my maps suck though Razz )

Now, with the recent release of GCS, a program that allows one to upload/download files to/from his/her (official) Gamecube memory card, I've been looking around for TS2 maps. There are few TS2 map sites around, and even fewer that actually have downloadable maps (the one that I found was for the PS2). Well, since GCS produces the same file as the USB memory card (just without the .GCI file extension, that can always be added though), if anyone has a USB memory card (or can do the PSO trick with GCS), I was wondering if anyone would like to swap TS2 maps. I have, however, found one "site" (it's actually a yahoo member group, here, my name is satokirby1) that has TS2 maps for download, but they also have other game saves for download.

So... I was thinking about starting my own TS2 Map download site, with GC and PS2 maps for download. I'm currently using the main domain setup on my friend's webserver at urgn.com. The site, however, has been inactive for quite some time. I hope to change that, though, by settings up a TS2 Map site.. The TS2 maps are under the downloads section, and there are only three of them, all mine, all sucky.

If anyone's interested in helping me start a TS2 map site, or has maps they would like to contribute, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's quite a big project, but I feel that we (if anyone helps) can make it work.
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:57 pm
quote : #2
I stopped palying that game a long time but i did enjoy the mapmaker feature. I used to go online and search for maps. But they were hard as hell to make. ( for me at least)
Good luck!
Let me know when you have the site up and running... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:51 pm
quote : #3
i actually enjoyed making maps when i plaed Unreal Tournament for PC, but the last one i ever made was a remake of the Perfect Dark level Grid.

i gave up with it in UT because i would work for literally hours to get the bots to move properally in just one room, wasn't worth it

does it make bot paths for you in TS2?
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:26 pm
quote : #4
McRing_Ring wrote:
i actually enjoyed making maps when i plaed Unreal Tournament for PC, but the last one i ever made was a remake of the Perfect Dark level Grid.

i gave up with it in UT because i would work for literally hours to get the bots to move properally in just one room, wasn't worth it

does it make bot paths for you in TS2?

Bot paths? Um, you can't see them, but the bots can navigate the levels pretty easily. Sometimes there is a bit of bot stickage, but not too often. You made Grid for UT??? Shocked Awesome, too bad I don't exactly remember that level... My favorite ones were the Complex, Area 51, and Ravine. I used to fool a round with a map editor for Quake 2 and Quake 3, and it was very complex. Not at all like the TS2 one, though it did give you much more control over the map and such.

The only problem, really, is that I don't have access to the MySQL database on the server to set up php-nuke. My friend (owner of the server) said he was having trouble with it too, so I can't really ask him for help..
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:14 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Interesting...

I recently got Timesplitters 2. However I just got it for PS2 (Cause of the network features hehe). I got the game last week, and i tooled around and made a quick map and played it just to check it out. I still have to put some serious creativity into it.

Since I just got the game. And figured out the games features and such I will be adding TS2 as an online game for the gamecube site. Any game with worthy downloadable content, or internet functions to extend gameplay is seen as an online game.

I don't think I will be putting up a TS2 map download area or anything here at GameCube OC, but more of a general tutorial area with links to sites you can download maps, tools, hardware or software one might need. I'll put your site up Satoshi as well. It's just gonna be a single page of information, so those who want to interact with TimeSplitters 2 map making and map swapping will be able to get such information here at OC and then head to other sites that would focus on it more exclusivly, such as yours satoshi.

Also the official Map Maker site from eidos has some nice pdf files and also general tutorials for how to start of making different styles of maps, as well as a zip file with all the tiles in image format if you needed to make guides and such:
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/legacy/timesplitters2/mapmaker/

I also just found a thing called X-Port for PS2 that is like a USB memory card peripheral for PS2. Which is great, I never knew it existed.