lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:01 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.nintendo.com/

They completly redid their website. Can you say? SMART FUCKING MOVE.

Seriously, going with a more community look with information blocks...rather than an advertising rape fest is much better.

There are still a shitload of glitches....seems like their designer and coders kinda jumped the gun. They are probobly working it out more now.

But I like the look...and the loading time. However they need to fix a shitload of stuff. but I think its headed in a better direction information wise than their last site design.

They gotta add some stylesheet code to those inframe scrollbars...and also....a little gray in the background or something wouldn't hurt. The site kinda looks like its floating in a white space.....not good when there are large realms of negative space down at the bottom when there are ads and such they stick in. (surf around you'll see what I am talking about.)

----
Also: speaking of interfaces....anyone notice some of the more interface improvements I have been making to the view forum and view topic parts of the site? Made some things more aligned and removed a ton of negative space. Peopel prolly didn't relaly notice this stuff on here hehehe was prolly too subtle.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:12 am
quote : #2
I like the new site, but its slow as hell...

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:05 pm
quote : #3
I definitely like the new Nintendo site too... and I won't even start about the overall OC setup (excellent, excellent, excellent, I wish I had such skills, okay maybe I am starting...).

In any case, one thing that did sort of irritate me about the Nintendo site (I agree about the white, but I'll accept it) was that they gave me a splash page and a little lecture before letting me into the site. All that just because I'm using a browser that isn't backed by AOL or Microsoft. (I use Opera.) But, everyone does that nowadays, so I suppose I should just get used to it.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:34 pm
quote : #4
thats nice, dont visit Nintendo's site a lot, i might be so i can register my games, cube and GBA (if they let Canadian's do that Razz )
lordnikon wrote:
Also: speaking of interfaces....anyone notice some of the more interface improvements I have been making to the view forum and view topic parts of the site? Made some things more aligned and removed a ton of negative space. Peopel prolly didn't relaly notice this stuff on here hehehe was prolly too subtle.

i just noticed the new ep 1&2 banners as well as ep 3
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:55 pm
quote : #5
Yeah, the new site is nice looking, but I can't even log in to register my games and get the Zelda Disc.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:11 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Yeah, the new site is nice looking, but I can't even log in to register my games and get the Zelda Disc.

Man thats a shame. Nintendo should have waited. They jumped the gun. Stuff should prolly all be working within a week I think.

McRing_Ring wrote:
i just noticed the new ep 1&2 banners as well as ep 3

Yea I added new banners there and will be replacing and adding a ton more. Basically I removed the massive bold font for the "Forum Title" when your at a forum. Now I am sticking this in the banner itself, as see in the pso ep1&2 and the pso ep3 forums.

Plus already it says "GameCube Forum Index -> Lounge" with a link to the index and the lounge and where your at, so i felt having it take up all that space a the top was kinda wasteful. So you'll most likely notice especialy in the forum area how things are more bumped up and less cluttered. Cause I also took out where it would say "Moderators: and "Users browsing this forum:" I don't know statistics like this seemed rather pointless and unecessary.

Just aways trying to adjust the interface so itsfunctional and intuitive. Smile
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:22 pm
quote : #7
Lunar Eclipse wrote:

Yeah!!!
I hate that I can't register my Mario Kart and they don't help me out with my problem. Mad Mad Mad

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:31 pm
quote : #8
Actually I get in like one out of ever twenty tries, so I registered my GCN, GBA, and Mario Kart: DD. However, I still need to buy and register one of the other games to get the disc.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)