Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Your probobly thinking...."woe nikon you conceded bastard, your acting like a egomaniac dickwad with that topic title" WELL actually I know I am right on this one so I can't help but scream it out loud.

I AM RIGHT!!!!......NINTENDO?....IS OH SO WRONG!

What am I talking about? Nintendo.com's site interface. It's a mess. I like where it is going however there is nothing to ancor the content to the ground. It all looks like its floating in a universe of whiteness. It makes it incredibly hard to distinguish anything. Wanna see how right I am? Check out this screencap of the big N's site......shown along side....my alight alteration. All I did was add a colored background. Amazing difference huh?

rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:41 pm
quote : #2
Yeah, you are right about being right! Smile

It seems like Nintendo has trouble with anything online, even their site.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:45 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
All I did was add a colored background. Amazing difference huh?

YES!

I knew there was something about it that annoyed me. It does feel like its floating in white space. Good eye my friend. You seem to have a natural talent for design, I think OC is designed very well. It's weird how such a small difference can change so much. Every page on Nintendo's site is llike that too. I think it makes the links harder to find for some reason.

Looking at your alteration its like comparing air to water (pun intended)

I do like Nintendo's new site, such as the content and message board .However, It does look like they could use a new web/graphic designer. Whoever did it probaly got paid very well too.

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:03 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
Your probobly thinking...."woe nikon you conceded bastard, your acting like a egomaniac dickwad with that topic title"

Well, actually, yea! lol Your addition of a simple BG makes it look SO much better. You should talk to them about it.
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:56 pm
quote : #5
satoshi wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
Your probobly thinking...."woe nikon you conceded bastard, your acting like a egomaniac dickwad with that topic title"

Well, actually, yea! lol Your addition of a simple BG makes it look SO much better. You should talk to them about it.

sadly they wouldn't listen, but it does do wonders
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:45 am
quote : #6
Wow....What a difference!!!
I guess Nintendo needs to hire better Web designers.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Suppa Buddha
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:11 am
quote : #7
Hmmp... maybe they like the color white? Or maybe they're just lazy to add a touch of blue.
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:39 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hell any color would do. I just picked blue cause it was in the sites general theme. They could add gray, black, purple....uhhh red...anything. Anything to ancor the site down so your eyes arn't wandering all over hell for a fixed position. So hard to read that site. I think imma email them and just tell them to fix it cause.....I can't browse their site its too chaotic.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:52 am
quote : #9
I agree. Even a nice light grey would calm it down considerably, and it wouldn't even look that different.

Oh well.

eyenhander
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:11 am
quote : #10
so thats why i never liked that site that much!!!! its like being beat in the head. the difference seems drastic, yet in reality its so subtile (sp?)

mr.bigG20
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #11
it looks like nintendo are starting to loose thier skills. Messing up thier site and many people have trouble about thier decisions of the games they have online.