Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Nintendo is releasing a new demo disc for the GCN that includes Zelda (the Original NES Game), Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Zelda: Majora's Mask. The disc also includes a Wind Waker demo. I believe that it comes bundled with a GCN or with a subscription to Nintendo Power. I also heard that if you register certain items with Nintendo, they will send it to you.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:04 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I might have to subscribe to Nintendo Power for that sweet disc.

-TheMytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:08 pm
quote : #3
aye sounds good, and my bro loves Majora's he would love to get it too,

plus i never really played the first 2 Zelda games was too young to really appreciate them
Posted:
Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:45 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
thats a sweet deal there. that one disk would give hundreds of hours of game time! I just might be able to finally beat zelda 2 now. too bad no LttP, but i already have that for snes.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:37 pm
quote : #5
Does anybody know how to get it exactly?
I want some of this cake.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:38 pm
quote : #6
Yeah, I don't really know how to register my stuff. I have Mario Kart and another game on the list, and I obviously have a Gamecube, so how do I register? Do I send the info to Nintendo, or can I do it online. If it is online, where exactly do I go on the site, because I searched around on it for about 20 minutes and found nothing.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:17 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think you go here:
http://www.nintendo.com/cpp/register/index.jsp
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:43 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:

Thanks for the link, i'm going to register Mario Kart: DD and Mario Party 5 when I get them so I get that bonus disk Smile

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:05 pm
quote : #9
i saw a commercial yesterday saying that when you buy a cube you get this disc
Posted:
Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:26 pm
quote : #10
i have Mario Kart, and I think I'll buy Mario and Luigi for the GBA since that game sounds intriguing to me.

EDIT: [Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:03 pm]
I got Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga today, so I registered my stuff. I got the e-mail confirming the bonus disc, so hopefully I will get it soon. I can't wait.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:03 am
quote : #11
im gonna be getting Mario and Luigi soon or for Christmas then i will register my GC, GBASP, Mario and Luigi, and Mario Kart
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:55 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:

Yes, but remember that the registration is tied to a "My Nintendo" account. If you have ever ordered anything online from Nintendo, you've been asked (or will be asked) to create (or log in to) a My Nintendo account also.

To get the game, you need to either buy a new GameCube with the bundled disc, buy a 1-year subscription to Nintendo Power for $19.99 and be sure to choose the Zelda option, or register a GCN and two games from this list:

Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN)
Mario Party 5 (GCN)
1080°: Avalanche (GCN)
Mario & Luigi : Superstar Saga (GBA)

Apparently when this first started happening, some people got shipped the bonus disc just for registering a GCN, GBA SP and GBA, but Nintendo figured out what was happening and stopped it.

Basically you just need to create a valid My Nintendo account by going to www.nintendo.com and then click on the My Profile link. At the bottom of the screen it will show all of the games and systems that you have registered, and below each list (games or systems) there will be links to register or edit the games or systems that you have. You can register a few very specific games (only the ones that come with a PIN number) and you can only "register" GameCube, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Advance SP systems using the serial numbers on the bottom of the systems. You can also check off boxes for older Nintendo systems (and other consoles) indicating that you actually own them, but you don't get anything for doing it and they don't verify those older systems with a serial number or anything.

I've got my GCN, GBA SP, GBA, and MK:DD registered and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy any of the other games. Decisions, decisions...

Zeiram_Wing wrote:
thats a sweet deal there. that one disk would give hundreds of hours of game time! I just might be able to finally beat zelda 2 now. too bad no LttP, but i already have that for snes.

And yeah, it is sort of odd that they included both NES games and both N64 games but left out Link to the Past for SNES. My only guess as to why they did that is because it already exists, thanks to the GBA version (since you could get a Game Boy Player and play it on your GCN).

But still, I wish they'd have included it, just so that all that Zelda goodness would have been collected in one place, on one system. Oh well.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:57 pm
quote : #13
I got the disc today! It's awesome. I love playing classics.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:33 pm
quote : #14
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
I got the disc today! It's awesome. I love playing classics.

The people at Nimtendo.com sent me an e-mail saying that I had a passive account so they were gonna send me a temporary username and password. That was like 3 weeks ago and nothing. So i can't register my games. I want some classic Zelda.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:33 pm
quote : #15
i just got the e-mail saying a qualify(Thank God they accept Canadian residents too)

Lunar, how long did it take for the disc to get to you? They say 2 weeks but thats never accurate Wink