1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:44 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was going to get another ps2 shortly, in order to start setting up a local console network between 2 systems. Mainly to take advantage of some of the i.Link games. However now I think I am gonna go cube instead. I think having Mario and Kirby setup in a LAN interface with 2 cubes setup would rule.

However what's really going to push me to do this. Is StarFox 2. Racing is great and stuff but I get sucked in to action based games and the things I am reading about Starfox 2 lately are really making me want to have a dual full screen environment for the game.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:23 am
quote : #2
Good descision. Star fox 2 is gonna be sweet.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:10 pm
quote : #3
nice idea, wish i had that kind of money Laughing
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:48 am
quote : #4
My roomate has a GCN too. We set up our systems on LAN with MK DD - its amazing. We have friends over all the time and we get really into it. Only problem is we end up yelling a lot! Very Happy StarFox could be a great addition to the LAN library.

Another thing we did was set up my friends PSO through our router and were able to play 2 player, with two TVs and of course ONLINE, in the same room! That has got to be one of the funnest things I have ever done. If only Sega would let me use one HL for two games if I purchased another. Sad

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:50 am
quote : #5
Yea I mean with cub'es drop in price its not that much more. Plus the bba is decently priced. The kicker is picking up 2 copies of the game LOL.

I'm currently working on a feature of starfox 2. I got some screens gathered. They have been around for a bit but I hadn't featured them here yet. So I feel its high time to get some new info up on the cube's next network compatible game.
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:21 am
quote : #6
Man...I wish I knew this how to do this whole LAN crap..... Sad Sad Sad

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:36 pm
quote : #7
Nine wrote:
My roomate has a GCN too. We set up our systems on LAN with MK DD - its amazing. We have friends over all the time and we get really into it. Only problem is we end up yelling a lot! Very Happy StarFox could be a great addition to the LAN library.

Another thing we did was set up my friends PSO through our router and were able to play 2 player, with two TVs and of course ONLINE, in the same room! That has got to be one of the funnest things I have ever done. If only Sega would let me use one HL for two games if I purchased another. Sad

It's nice to see people taking advantage of the cube's network features. Smile I am gonna be getting another gamecube soon so I can have dual mario kart double dash setup for whenever someone wants to come over.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:44 am
quote : #8
Not to mention the ability to do four-kart 8-player co-op. Sweet.

And think about it. One PS2 (without Network Adaptor) = $180. At the same time, one GCN plus one MK:DD plus one BBA = $185. Hard to argue with math, you know?

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:42 pm
quote : #9
It's still worth it. I live in a dorm at OSU and I encouraged several of my friends to by MK:DD and network adapters. Our dorms are setup on a T1 network, and it was very fun with all of us doing playing together from the comfort of our own dorm. It is worth the money.

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:14 pm
quote : #10
Exactly; that's my point. The Cube is a lot cheaper. For the price of just one PS2 console (no game, no network adapter), you get a Cube, game, and network adapter. Very worth it, and it makes the most sense for a low (okay, mid) budget console LAN arcade.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:12 pm
quote : #11
martianviking wrote:
Exactly; that's my point. The Cube is a lot cheaper. For the price of just one PS2 console (no game, no network adapter), you get a Cube, game, and network adapter. Very worth it, and it makes the most sense for a low (okay, mid) budget console LAN arcade.

Yes, that is if you buy everything separatly. I bought my PS2, Network Adapter, and got a free copy of ATV Offroad Fury 2 (haven't played it a whole lot though) for only $199.99. Teh "Online Bundle" I think it was called.
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:58 pm
quote : #12
That's still $15 more than the Cube+MKart+BBA, and you can't even begin to argue that ATV is better than MK:DD. Really.

But I see your point. Yes, it isn't all that much more money to get a PS2 online package.

But... If you leave out the free software ('cause really, who wants a home arcade of ATV Offroad Fury?) and the purchased MK, the GC online bundle would only cost you $135, while the PS2 is still at or above $200.

lanzarlaluna
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:50 pm
quote : #13
I don't think MK:DD is as far a superior game as you think it is. Personally, I liked ATV Offroad Fury 2 better than MK:DD. But I think some of this has to do with expectations. MK:DD should've been a much better game than it is, but I thought Nintendo didn't follow through. I was disappointed, plain and simple. However, with ATV, the first game was decent, but nothing special, so I didn't expect much with the next game. So I was pleasantly surprised.

Point being, I think both scenarios are equal. PS2 online bundle looks as good as a Gamecube with a BBA and MK:DD.

And I just realized we're getting off topic. Confused

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:29 am
quote : #14
The genious of mario kart doubel dash really comes into play with the 2 humans controlling 1 kart....this is when the game really gets good.
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:12 pm
quote : #15
hhhmmmm well i got my own place now and so far everything is going according to plan, my goal is to have a LAN in room with 4tv's 4dc's 4gc's 4ps2's and maybey i dunno xbox? and a 24hr server for Q3 and 24hr server for 4x4evo, i should be done by december 2004, and figure out how the heck u make a router and LAN support...

so far i got 1dc 2gc 1ps2 1tv