Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

One of the next local area network compatible gamecube games to be released is Star Fox 2. Previously titled as Star Fox Armada, this new take on the Star Fox genre pits player vs player in an all out arena based war. Pilot various vehicles and use a myriad of weapons at your disposal to take out your oponents in city scapes and futuristic urban environments. All Star Fox style of course.

The LAN mode was confirmed by IGN at E3 and was listed as follows:

ign wrote:
Star Fox 2 (GameCube)
After the title's premature showing at E3, Nintendo opted to only display a rolling video of the game in action. The video shows Fox shooting at tanks and Arwings with his rocket launcher, driving tanks and jumping into an Arwing, and taking on other players arena-style in both multiplayer full-screen (LAN) and four-player split-screen mode. The only glimpse what the game's true single player mode could look like comes in the form of a short snippet of Fox flying the Arwing into a space station's docking tunnel. Star Fox 2 is being developed by Namco for Nintendo and will ship in Europe in the first half of 2004.

Features:
+Fly in an Arwing
+Drive Landmaster Tank
+Run on foot
+Areas swarming with enemies

Participate in co-op missions, which are played using split-screen with each player commanding his own vehicle, or play with a "wingman," as one player rides on the wing of the Arwing (or side panel of the Landmaster Tank) and blasts enemies while the pilot drives.

So far all the network or online compatible gamecube games have been either racing or co-op based. People tend to get into combat type games more when it comes to multiplayer games, so this should be a ray of sunshine for us gamecube gamers. Star Fox 2 is currently in production by Namco and is scheduled as 'TBA' for the moment. Much more will be reported once E3 comes around.

If you would like to see more, please visit the Star Fox 2 gallery in our screenshots section.

rank 18
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:33 pm
quote : #2
I just the new Starfox is more like Starfox and Starfox 64 for the SNES...in the Arwing like your supposed to be...not that shit in Starfox Dinosour Adventures...

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:40 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, it'd be nice to see a traditional Starfox game, but I have to say that Starfox Adventures was good in its own right. The game was a very good action adventure title with great graphics and some interesting quirks. On its own, it's a good game, despite the fact that it may have been disappointing to those expecting a true sequel to Starfox 64.

Anyways, back to the topic. I can't wait for Starfox 2! I hope the game is as cool as a think it will be. I really want a fun and franic shooter with some cool multiplayer options, and I think this game will deliver. I hope that Namco revamped the control scheme a bit though since E3 because I read that it was a bit strange and differed greatly from your traditional 1st/3rd person shooter.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:37 am
quote : #4
Star Fox Adventures or whatever the name was good in terms of graphics and some other things. I got it the same day it came out and I sold it a week later. I really didn't like it at all. I really hope Star Fox 2 is good cuz I don't want to waste my $50.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:15 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
fox looks... rather pissed. i've been waiting for more news on this game for a while now, and i'm glad they are putting alot of effort into the multiplayer mode. I just hope they even things out, or make it a bit more "free flight" because starfox 64's multiplayer mode was more just for show (sans the mode where you have to kill the most enemies) all you had to do is just keep looping or doing the turn around thing over and over and whoever was behind you cound never hit you. god that pissed me off! i could lock onto someone with a bomb, and right after i fire it they do the turn around thing and my bomb flies up and hits the invisible "ceiling" and explodes, sometimes even injuring myself, and forget about the normal lock on fire or regular lasers... just keep looping and turning... grrr... sorry... bad memories...

Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:20 pm
quote : #6
well thats good another online game
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:23 pm
quote : #7
When I first heard that Namco was making the next StarFox game, I was like YEA! Then, when I heard it had LAN play, I was like HELL YEA BABY! BOOYA! If there is any game that deserves LAN/online play, it is StarFox. Maybe Smash Bros. too, but StarFox definatly. Imagine, flying around on your arwing with 3 people on your tail, 3 people from half way around the globe. 3 people you would have never played against if it weren't for the LAN/online play. I, for one, plan to get this game the day it comes out. Then I'll marvel in it's glory =P
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:16 pm
quote : #8
this game needs online play....why wont nintendo/namco suprise us all and say they have included online play.....

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:20 pm
quote : #9
guyver2077 wrote:
this game needs online play....why wont nintendo/namco suprise us all and say they have included online play.....

Because the people at Nintendo are fucking stupid and dont like online play.

mr.bigG20
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:04 pm
quote : #10
hopefully,this fox game will be better than the other.walking around,sometimes not even knowing what you are supposed to do,sucked and a little gay dinasor following you all over the place...

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:44 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
Starfox Adventures made me want to send a angry letter to Nintendo, explaining to them how a drastic change to a tried-and-true formula isn't always the best. I'm just dissapointed that it was Rare's last game. It could of been excellent if Fox never answered the call to Dinosaur Planet and stayed in his Arwing. Oh well, they only made two good games (Conker's Bad Fur Day was hillarious and Jet Force Gemini was a good shooter) and their new XBox gig isn't working out that well. (see 'Grabbed by the Ghoulies')

-TheMytho

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:58 pm
quote : #12
why the hell do developers feel the need to completly change their game play. As in star fox adventures or mario sunshine. they shouldnt call those true games. They should call them "side quests". Like a game that has nothing to do with the original gameplay or elements.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:29 pm
quote : #13
Mastershake wrote:
why the hell do developers feel the need to completly change their game play. As in star fox adventures or mario sunshine. they shouldnt call those true games. They should call them "side quests". Like a game that has nothing to do with the original gameplay or elements.

Mario Sunshine is a true game, they didn't "completly change their game play" at all... It was still Mario. Just because the water pack was added doesn't mean they changed the whole game... When a third dimension was added to Mario 64, did that change the game and make it suck?
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:11 pm
quote : #14
...dont get me started on Mario Sunshine