Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'll tell you what happens. I get a AAA game title for $19.99. For some odd super wierd reason, ubsoft decides to insult a 5 star game by dropping its price on all platforms. Beyond Good and Evil was slashed(as many of you have probobly now heard) to a rediculiously low price of $19.99. It was even onsale at misc Circuit City's for $9.99 for the PS2. How in the fuck could you sell this game for $9.99....what an insult. The guy who made this game prolly put blood sweat and tears into it.

Well I guess I had no choice but to run out and pick myself up a copy immediatly. I wanted to get it for gamecube because lets face it....this graphical style looks best on cube.

Well I am about to uncover the pure genious that is...Beyond Good and Evil. I deserve a long break tonight...its my B-Day :D

-

EDIT: OMFG this game is UNBELIEVABLE. There are games out there that you MUST experience. For instance Metroid Prime is a game everyone must 'experience'. A game that surpasses just being a video game and merges into the realm of deep story and cinema. Beyond Good and Evil does just that. The music is unreal! So perfect and the graphics are mesmerizing.

ALSO guess what I just found out. This game has internet codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get codes and you can punch them in at ubisoft.com and then unlock stuff or something. I am just registering over at ubisoft.com now and checking what exactly it does. Man I had no idea it had a internet code feature :D :D :D Looks like 1 more game to rack up on the gamecube online games list.(remember online games are anything using the internet to specifically enhance gameplay). So kool :D. I'll have more details as i continue to delve deeper into the wonders that is BG&E!!!!

-

EDIT AGAIN: OMFG This game has some AWSOME internet activity features. Front page news coming soon! :D I am shocked. Simply Shocked.
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:41 am
quote : #2
Well I heard about the game but I didn't think it was gonna be that good like you are saying. Internet Capabilities.... Very Happy Very Happy
I guess I'm gonna have to rent it to see how it is.....I'm also gonna see some screens and your final veredict.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:29 pm
quote : #3
I'm going to get it soon now that it's 20 bucks. It's good for me because I was going to buy it anyways, just after I picked up some other titles. I hope it's as good as you say it is nikon.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:12 pm
quote : #4
I saw an ad for the PS2 BG and E and was all...wtf..10$?! Then I saw that it was racked down to 20 on the cube. And then I saw the bonus for Prince of Persia, you get splinter cell for free! Glad i waited.
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:26 pm
quote : #5
I read a review of ths game from before its release (still persumably full price) and it got like a 9.2 out of 10 - I think the only thing they complained about was the length. It sounded like a truelly intruiging game when I read about then and now for 19.99, it makes it even better. Its pretty cool when you think about it, because I was thinking about getting a new CD, but for the same price I could get this game!

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:37 pm
quote : #6
this game is the bizzness. I still can't get over the graphics in the game. You know when you see some high rendered in game movie clip. Well in this game thats how the entire game plays. The graphics are so smooth and detailed and the textures are done so well. It's rare that I find a single player action adventure game that I really get into. I am so into this game right now and I am enjoying every minute of it. Definatly worth it. If you got $19.99 Run out and grab this game. You will not be dissapointed.
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 pm
quote : #7
This game whooped Prince of Persia, no doubt about it. The city feels abuzz with activity and livelyness. Unlike GTA where pedestrains just walk around, the citizens of BG&E's world are participants in the struggle between the Alpha Sections and IRIS.

This is one of the few games where I acutally CARED what happened to the characters. They showed emotion and were chatty without making me want to mute their voices.

The music also has some techno/New Age feel to it that totally blends with the game. Whenever I battle, I want to hear a rousing tune, not some goofy Arabic chanting.

This is such a deal at $20, and it really angers me BG&E didn't get the eye of gamers. It has production values above most sci-fi movies and a more compelling world.

Edit: I recently just obtained all the pearls and got much further in the game. If you don't have this game already in your collection, go do yourself a favor and snatch it up.

-Mytho