Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat May 31, 2003 6:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Well recently a microsoft official was quoted as saying, "I don't think Nintendo is here for the digital-entertainment revolution. They are a toy company."

Hmmmm well, I guess nintendo is playing the "oh no you didn't go there" card, and now is playing hardball. What game could possibly pull nintendo directly to the for-front of online gaming? A game that cube owners have been rumoring about for months, even before its official release of it even being in production. Cube owners abroad have all said, "Wow what if they make mario kart for cube, and what if it could be online?!?"

Well recently at E3 nintendo announced that the game would be LAN compatible with their broadband adaptor for gamecube. Cube owners already stricken with a serious lack of online titles, cheered that the game was atleast playable over a local network interface. However....deep down inside, we knew that this wasfalling short of greatness. Nintendo playing the safe card, and holding back.

Well hold your breath, take a seat, and read this information RIGHT NOW!

It has been reported that Nintendo plans to include technology from GameSpy's tunneling service which has previously been used on both specific xbox games and pc games to be played online. The gamecube will not be using the same exact identical tunneling service. However the experience is now a bit more user friendly, allowing you to plug into a broadband modem and immediatly play for FREE online.

Source: http://n-philes.com/

rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:52 am
quote : #2
That would be awesome! I hadn't heard any news about this.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:14 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea basically all these new changes coming about at Nintendo are because of the new president there, the guy don't take no crap form nobody. And thats the whole reason why nintendo has become more of a driving force with cube in recent months. I bet soon as mario kart hits with internet capabilities, that a quick flurry of GC online games will come out due to its success. If there was one game to come out that would start the revolution, this would be the game i would want to get released forst, to get everythign going.
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:45 am
quote : #4
I can't wait till Nintendo starts making more online games. That'd be awesome. Especially if they're all gonna be free.