Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I bought Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and a new GBA SP so that my brother and I can now play multiplayer. The game is pretty good and is definitely at its best in multi-mode. In fact the game was basically designed for multiplayer. The graphics are great, and the gameplay is decent. It doesn't really live up to what I was expecting and plays a lot more like Seiken Densetsu than any Final Fantasy (not that that's bad). All in all, if you have the funds and some pals, go out and do yourself a favor. Pick this game up--there aren't many good multiplayer RPGs like this.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:54 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Lunar: Would this game be a good rental for two people or should I just go out and buy it? My friend and I are expecting something like PSO. Are our expectations too high?

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:45 pm
quote : #3
It's a great game, just bought it too.

The only way i can see it being virtually like PSO is the action RPG element, that and you do combos of 3 hits(Only 1 type of attack though)

It depends what you like really, it's a break from PSO for me
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:05 pm
quote : #4
It sounds like an awesome game I also saw it in the preview disc that comes with Mario Kart DD....I may get it I'm not to sure about it...

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:06 pm
quote : #5
Yeah, I don't think it would be a total letdown for you, I mean there are certain elements of the game that do resemble PSO. However, it is very different as well...the battles are rather fun and it's a good game all around. Renting it would work out alright because it is fairly short.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:24 pm
quote : #6
I think I'll stick this one on the rental list for now and buy when it comes down in price. Smile

-Mytho

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:18 pm
quote : #7
I may pick this up, it looks quite promissing.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:54 pm
quote : #8
Nice my friend Kontact is probobly going to get it soon. And since I have a GBA SP we are gonna throw down multi-player. Should be fun.
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:26 pm
quote : #9
Man I can't wait to get this. Just need to get one or two more GCN -> GBA link cables, and my bros. and I are set. FF:CC looks so awesome.. must get...
Posted:
Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #10
ohhh yea crap thats right i need to get a link cable
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:13 am
quote : #11
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
I bought Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and a new GBA SP so that my brother and I can now play multiplayer. The game is pretty good and is definitely at its best in multi-mode. In fact the game was basically designed for multiplayer. The graphics are great, and the gameplay is decent. It doesn't really live up to what I was expecting and plays a lot more like Seiken Densetsu than any Final Fantasy (not that that's bad). All in all, if you have the funds and some pals, go out and do yourself a favor. Pick this game up--there aren't many good multiplayer RPGs like this.

Yea, if you do the math, Nintendo is going to make a hella lot of money off of this. Let's say that you are a first time gamer and want all of your buddies to play; that's going to set you back. For Example: 1 Crystal Chronicles disc - $50, 1 GameCube - $100, 4 GBA SP's $400, 4 link cables - $40. So that's $590 w/o tax. Though I don't think that there is anybody out there that prefers to go that route; but as always, I could be wrong.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:27 am
quote : #12
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Yea, if you do the math, Nintendo is going to make a hella lot of money off of this. Let's say that you are a first time gamer and want all of your buddies to play; that's going to set you back. For Example: 1 Crystal Chronicles disc - $50, 1 GameCube - $100, 4 GBA SP's $400, 4 link cables - $40. So that's $590 w/o tax.

Having a sleepover with three of your closest friends yelling "I just leveled up with my Swordsman of Light +3!" and fighting over who gets the potato chips and soda? Priceless Wink

-Mytho

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:19 am
quote : #13
Somebody just answer this....
Is it worth all the money....???

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:31 am
quote : #14
Yes it is.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:06 pm
quote : #15
I just got this game, and I have to say, it is AWESOME. Too bad I only have 1 GBA -> GCN link cable right now... Gonna get 1-2 more on Thursday ('Tis when GameStop gets more). Then I can play with my bros. or some buddies at the LAN party. I can't wait!