Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:13 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Im almost done with Twin Snakes on normal and I must say (I played the ps1 version years ago and consider it one of the best games of all time) this is definitely a contender for game of the year, for any system, in my opinion. Also, the fact that besides Konami, Silicon Knights and Nintendo collaborated on the game, which means there is ZERO chance it will ever be released on any other console besides one of Nintendo's. Which is also the cheapest console and the game is only 39.99 Smile

I've heard rumors Sons of Liberty and/or possibly another Metal Gearwill be also be getting the same EXCLUSIVE treatment.

This game WILL move systems!!!

OK so this year the GameCube gets PSO3, Twin Snakes, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, Geist, Monkey Ball 3, Crystal Chronicles, Another game from Silicon Knights? and multiple other exlcusive AAA rpgs like harvest moon, baiten kaitos, tales, four swords, (off the top of my head, you know there will be many more!) and no other system has a chance for any of these????

God, Im sure glad I didn't pick up that ps2 now! I have way too many games to play already but this year for my GameCube! Besides Gran Turismo 4, True Fantasy Live, and Halo 2 (whenever these ever come out??, lol) the other systems have nothing im even slightly interested in - even though I am a Nintendo fan - I would have never thought the gamecube would make such obvious progress and position itself for such domination of the market!

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:57 am
quote : #2
I agree, 2004 is going to be a great year for Nintendo. Also, I got my EGM mag in the mail yesterday and they interviewed the president of Silicon Knights and he said his company is not going to port MSG2 on the Cube. Sad

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:31 am
quote : #3
Yup I got it too and though I didn't finish reading it it do remember reading something about that.

AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:04 pm
quote : #4
Don't forget Donkey Konga. Cool
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:28 pm
quote : #5
GCN is going to kick ass as always--but it'd be better of Nintendo would support online...stupid ass's...

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:44 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Linkooseven wrote:
GCN is going to kick ass as always--but it'd be better of Nintendo would support online...stupid ass's...

Last year, they moved up to LAN, so.... Anything is possible, right?

-Mytho

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:01 pm
quote : #7
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
I agree, 2004 is going to be a great year for Nintendo. Also, I got my EGM mag in the mail yesterday and they interviewed the president of Silicon Knights and he said his company is not going to port MSG2 on the Cube. Sad

The word to note is port because as Twin Snakes demonstrates, port is definitely not the word that best describes the game. Also his company leaves it open for Konami and Nintendo... but I'm definitely not saying it is by any means a sure thing, I.E. rumor.

On a side note...here is some more immediate evidence of the Cube's reign as the premiere system for RPG's (Both posted Today)...
Quote:
Harvest Moon Tops US Sales Charts

According to GameSpot's weekly console sales chart (tracking EBGames sales for 3/14-3/21), the recently released GameCube-exclusive farming RPG Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life took an unexpected first place across all three consoles in the US.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes continued to sell well during its second week, taking fifth place in its second week of availability.

Expect a comprehensive review of the new Harvest Moon here at Nintendojo as soon as we've completed all 120 gameplay hours of the six chapter life simulator. Our review of the Game Boy Advance's Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is up for your perusal.

and...

Quote:
Skies of Arcadia Sequel Finally Confirmed!

The folks at Kikizo Games recently posted an interview with several major players within the SEGA Corporation. Among those present at the interview was Overworks head Noriyoshi Oba. Overworks is best known among GameCube owners as the developers of the excellent Skies of Arcadia: Legends. Noriyoshi Oba, when queried about the possibility of a sequel to Skies of Arcadia, confirmed that the company is indeed working on the game.

Oba-san offered this small, yet alluring tease, “The Skies of Arcadia sequel is in the planning stages at the moment.”

It is currently unknown how far into the “planning stages” the game is; however, the above quote should be reassuring to fans of the game since it appears SEGA has not forgotten the franchise.

Nintendojo will be sure to keep you updated as soon as more information is made available to use. Check out Kikizo Games full interview

I bet Square has definitely noticed these news items to say the least.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:04 pm
quote : #8
I spazzed when Harvest Moon finally reached the top of the sales charts. I'm hoping Natsume will pick up on this and release some more of these quirky 'life-sims'.

-Mytho

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:54 pm
quote : #9
TheMytho wrote:
I spazzed when Harvest Moon finally reached the top of the sales charts. I'm hoping Natsume will pick up on this and release some more of these quirky 'life-sims'.

-Mytho

I love those quirky "life-sims" you speak of a whole lot! I was also blown away by the fact that it sold so well!!! I would have thought FF CC would of done a little better...?

I havn't played Harvest Moon yet but it really does seem like an awesome game. Animal Crossing is an amazing game in my opinion and H.M. reminds me of it sort of from the screenshots i've seen and what i've heard about it (which is very little, lol). Perhaps I am wrong but it looks like something I could highly enjoy. Razz

Only thing is besides the occasional jaunt here and there, I much perfer online. If only Animal Crossing 2 could be online!!!! Oh my God, that would be too much, making clothes, decorationg homes, trading and traveling to different towns would just be so awesome!!!! This game is truelly dying to be fully online in my opinion. Oh the customization!!! and thousands of original towns and homes, etc you could visit...!!!!

The list of why A.C. should be online is endless!!! Sorry to go off subject, its just everytime the thought Crosses... my mind (pun intended) I go into a state of fantasy gaming bliss.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:04 pm
quote : #10
Also Tales of Symphonia is coming out sometime in the summer. Its just looks awseome
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:27 pm
quote : #11
McRing_Ring wrote:
Also Tales of Symphonia is coming out sometime in the summer. Its just looks awseome

I played the import; dispite the language barrier I enjoyed myself. It is a must future investment.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:27 pm
quote : #12
The only thing wrong with Nintendo's game plan right now is the lack of online support. Warp Pipe is a decent alternative, but it's slow and buggy.

Cross your fingers for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow. If this game is online, then this is going to be a must-have for GameCube. Very Happy

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:56 am
quote : #13
No joke. I would like to see other developers take a step foward and dish-out some online games for the GameCube (including Nintendo) Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:11 am
quote : #14
Hey guys, E3 is coming up!!! You know what that means.

METROIDDDDDDDDDDDDD PRIMEEEEEEEEE 22222222!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*lordnikon starts hyperventilating*
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:30 am
quote : #15
That game is going to be sweet! Nintendo is known for secrecy, so who knows what they might announce at E3! I can't wait!