Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have played the computer in 3 offline battles. And I got my ass handed to me on a platter :[
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:55 pm
quote : #2
Make sure your deck is even, by that i mean have an even collection of creatures/items, action cards(techs and atttack ups) and guard cards

Dont worry too much about assist cards right now(If you have any)
edit: and try story mode first, they usually are easier than free battles, and you tend to get better cards from it too
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:07 pm
quote : #3
I really try to have a lot of defense in my deck...it may help you Smile

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:41 pm
quote : #4
In the beginning, I found it easier to just throw in tons of little basic weapons and mass-attack.

Once your card library expands, you may want to form more stratagy then that Smile

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:41 pm
quote : #5
Linkooseven wrote:
In the beginning, I found it easier to just throw in tons of little basic weapons and mass-attack.

Once your card library expands, you may want to form more stratagy then that Smile

yeah because once you face someone with gizonde... welll... or any card with rampage for that matterr
edit: big typos
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:59 pm
quote : #6
Hey....how or where do you get the techs cards...I only have the basic techs.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:52 pm
quote : #7
DarkLink18 wrote:
Hey....how or where do you get the techs cards...I only have the basic techs.

ive gotten most of mine offline story, if you want a better chance of getting action cards(Techs included) choose the green booster pack at the end of a battle. Blue for creatures, red for weapons and black has no preference. Remember it just increases your chance, doesn't neccisarilly mean you'll get only action cards
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:17 pm
quote : #8
Yea I am progressing in this game slowly. I have still only had time to play 4 games. I'll be active with it online soon. Just trying to get comfortable with the gameplay, since I have never ever ever played a card game. Ever. Up until Ep3.
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:54 am
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
Yea I am progressing in this game slowly. I have still only had time to play 4 games. I'll be active with it online soon. Just trying to get comfortable with the gameplay, since I have never ever ever played a card game. Ever. Up until Ep3.

i know how you feel...ims till adapting to it but if this wasnt a pso game i would not be playing it....but it does rock!!!

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:15 am
quote : #10
Hmm.... I really don't know if card battling is my cup of tea. I like the Pokemon TCG for GameBoy and the Yu-Gi-Oh! games are decent. Is there a rule list anywhere I could read? This would probably aid my decision to either buy or skip this.

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:55 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
Hmm.... I really don't know if card battling is my cup of tea. I like the Pokemon TCG for GameBoy and the Yu-Gi-Oh! games are decent. Is there a rule list anywhere I could read? This would probably aid my decision to either buy or skip this.

-Mytho

I could explain the whole thing for you if you like, ill type it out later. Just woke up and not in the mood right now Confused
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:06 pm
quote : #12
If this is anything like the Pokemon Card game or Yu-Gi-Oh, I would be intrested in it.

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:58 pm
quote : #13
It's kinda like that, but its also got... how do i say it? More strategy involved then those card games IMO. Ill explain a normal battle phase:

Before that though you have to make a deck, or use one of the default ones(Default H for hero side, Default D for Darkside)

First it starts off with a dice roll to see which team/player goes first

Second you see your hand(5 cards) and you get the one time option of dicarding your whole hand for a new one(A mulligan if you will)

Then the dice phase, you roll 2 die, one for ATK points, other for DEF points(First turn DEF points don't really matter) ATK is used to summon creatures/items, move, attack etc.

Now the set phase. Use your ATK points to equip items for hunters or summon creatures for Arkz(Uses ATK points)
(Of course it'll be in english though)

See the yellow dots under the name? Thats how much it costs to summon.

Next is the Move phase, you can move your story character(The person you pick to fight with, i know it sucks not being able to use your own characters)

This is an older pic of a card but, it'll work. How many squares a character or monster can move is depended by the MV number, in this case 2

Now the action phase, you can't attack on the first turn, but lets pretend you can(And pretend your right next to your opponent already)

See the grid next to the summon cost? Thats how far/where it can attack your opponent(s). For this item, its one square in front of you(Meaning the enemy has to be right infront, behind, right, or left of you)
Now you may be wondering how is damage determined? Well ill tell you. Note how both the story character and item have AP? Just add it up and thats how much damage you'll do. But you can also use action cards to increase damage or make the way you attack(Or how many things you can attack) Different.

Meet roundslay, looking at the card it tells us it costs 3 ATK points to use, it adds 2 AP(Or damage) and hits everything around you. If you used a Saber on this story character with roundslay you would do 7 damage to everything around you.
You can also use techniques(sp?) to attack, techs are generally harder to block and usually do more damage, but cost more to do.

The TP of the card is how much damage it does. And tech cards have to be used with a weapon or creature that is tech ok(Hit R when viewing a card to see if it's tech ok) And generally you wanna use a card with lots of TP, so let's use gizonde on a creature this time, Chaos Sorceror(My favorite creature Mr. Green ):
[imghttp://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/images/items/280.jpg[/img]
It has 6 TP plus the 2 TP gizonde adds it'll do 8 damage to everything in gizondes range.

But when attack there is also a DEF phase, your opponent may use DEF cards to lower the damage done to you. I coudl't find any good pictures of a def card, so we'll just have to imagine it's here:
Guard
It costs 2 def points to use
+4 HP(Meaning is minuses damage by 4)
It can only be used on yourself(Not on allies, but yes on your creatures)

Finally after all that is the draw phase, you simply discard any cards you don't want and draw new ones

Basic rules:
Battle Duration: How long the battle will last
Phase Duration: How long you have to do each phase(Dice, set, move, act, draw)
CARDS allowed: What cards can be uses(Usually set to all)
CARD Types: What rarity of cards can be uses(Again usually set to all)
Min. Roll: During DICE phase the mininum roll you can roll on both dice
Max. Roll: The max roll you can get during DICE phase
Dice Boost: Determines if you can get a dice bonus or not(Dice bonus is given after killing stuff to get 12 EX(Solo) or 24 EX(Team) Gives you +1 on both your dice rolls
Deck Shuffle: Determines whether or not your deck is shuffled at the beginning
Deck Loop: Determines whether your deck just recycles once you use all your cards, or if there gone after that
Character HP: How much HP the story characters have
(Some characters have a bonus or lose HP depending on which character you use, the HP added/taken away is determined by the +HP/-HP on the card):

Win Style: How you win(Defeat player, defeat team, Common HP)