Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
This is the absolute best Zelda news I have perhaps ever heard! SK is by far one of the best develpers out there. As proven with Eternal Darkness and Twin Snakes. I seriously can't believe this is real!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Breaking: Silicon Knights Developing Realistic Zelda for GameCube

Nintendojo is excited to report tonight that Silicon Knights is working with legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto to fulfill Cube owners' wishes and create a non-cel-shaded version of The Legend of Zelda. Just a few months ago, SK President Denis Dyack hinted that this might indeed be the case in a magazine interview:

"I'd love to do a realistic, mature take on Zelda. Ah, I shouldn't talk about this."

What's more, the Dojo has gotten ahold of an exclusive first screenshot from the upcoming SK-made Zelda title for GameCube...

Shocked Shocked Shocked

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:54 pm
quote : #2
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Is that real!!!!

This is sweet!!!! Words cannot express it!
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:20 pm
quote : #3
As long as both this one AND Nintendo's new cell-shaded one come out on the GC, I'll be happy. I'm really waiting for Wind Waker 2, but this is, indeed, AWESOME news. I'd love to see how SK tackels Zelda and how their take on it is. Hopefully Miyamoto is watching very closely over SK though, don't want a bad Zelda game now, do we?
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:09 pm
quote : #4
I'm waiting for someone to say April Fools...

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:11 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Linkooseven wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:34 pm
quote : #6
ive had too much April Fool's excitement already, what with PSOWs Episode 4 News
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:36 pm
quote : #7
TheMytho wrote:
Linkooseven wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

-Mytho

huh! Mad I bet it is a April Fools!, I think Ive seen that picture before somewhere. Crying or Very sad

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Kontact
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:33 pm
quote : #8
bwhahah thats hardcore april fools. That screen is from OoT Master Quest.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:53 pm
quote : #9
Wishful thinking though.....I hate this April Fools Crap!!!!!

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:12 pm
quote : #10
Kontact wrote:

Not at all. The poly count is REALLY high for it to be OoT. Also, his shield reflects! N64? I think not! And it just has this prerendered feel to it, it may be from the Zelda Tech Demo way back at SpaceWorld, before the cube even came out.

Edit: Also, don't try and say the upped the graphics for the cube version of OoT. I have the OoT/Master Quest pre-order bonus for Wind Waker, and I also have the other bonus Zelda disc, with Majora's Mask, OoT, and the two NES games. Nothing was changed, except the controls, and Z targetting became L targetting.
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #11
satoshi wrote:
Kontact wrote:

Not at all. The poly count is REALLY high for it to be OoT. Also, his shield reflects! N64? I think not! And it just has this prerendered feel to it, it may be from the Zelda Tech Demo way back at SpaceWorld, before the cube even came out.

Edit: Also, don't try and say the upped the graphics for the cube version of OoT. I have the OoT/Master Quest pre-order bonus for Wind Waker, and I also have the other bonus Zelda disc, with Majora's Mask, OoT, and the two NES games. Nothing was changed, except the controls, and Z targetting became L targetting.

When OoT Master Quest was first announced for G A M E C U B E, those were the pics they showed. The version for gamecube has an improved 640x480 resolution. And dont say they didnt change anything because master quest contains dungeons etc not in the regular OoT. Either way that was a hoax so there is no point to this anyway.

Dont forget this was for 64DD, not just regular 64. The DD allowed for effects not possible on 64.

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:30 pm:

Boom

http://www.zeldaguide.com/_borders/ootgc.jpg
http://www.zeldaguide.com/_borders/ootgc2.jpg
http://www.zeldaguide.com/_borders/ootgc3.jpg

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:38 pm
quote : #12
Kontact wrote:
satoshi wrote:
Kontact wrote:

When OoT Master Quest was first announced for G A M E C U B E, those were the pics they showed. The version for gamecube has an improved 640x480 resolution. And dont say they didnt change anything because master quest contains dungeons etc not in the regular OoT. Either way that was a hoax so there is no point to this anyway.

Dont forget this was for 64DD, not just regular 64. The DD allowed for effects not possible on 64.

Boom

I HAVE Master Quest, there is NO improvement in graphics except higher resolution. DD64 was just a Disk Drive (hence the DD...) that allowed more freedom (like the planned, but canceled, F-Zero X Track Editor). Master Quest looks exactly the same as OoT, trust me. And damn, I sure as hell would take the N64 OoT over those screenshots, especially the first one..
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:51 pm
quote : #13
satoshi wrote:
Kontact wrote:
satoshi wrote:
Kontact wrote:

Boom

I HAVE Master Quest, there is NO improvement in graphics except higher resolution. DD64 was just a Disk Drive (hence the DD...) that allowed more freedom (like the planned, but canceled, F-Zero X Track Editor). Master Quest looks exactly the same as OoT, trust me. And damn, I sure as hell would take the N64 OoT over those screenshots, especially the first one..

Yep, same with me and no improvments(And actually i thought the game was easier then original OoT)
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:44 pm
quote : #14
Linkooseven wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Kontact
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:48 pm
quote : #15
Say what you will, higher resolution = better picture quality (aka graphics and textures look smoother). No they didnt do a remake liek RE thats obvious and no one said that. Maybe you guys are playin on shitty TVs I dont know. And the thing about the DD is a fact, plain and simple, the idea was simply for more space but it required more ram these things led to better effects being possible that the 64 alone could not handle. That statement is taken from a FAQ about the 64DD. In the end I will take the higher res version over the 64 one any day. I just found it weird you disputed that screenshot when it was in fact from Master Quest which you say you have. Those pics are very high res, beyond that, its the same game and I sure noticed the difference nor did I ever say it was a huge difference.