Topic: just a Q on warp pipe

Page 1 of 1
PritomD
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Have they announced or are the working on a thing where you don't have to talk to teh person before playing, but something that automatically finds people, maybe like a chatroom or something? Eh Eh?

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:37 pm
quote : #2
Check their site, v.4 is in closed-beta right now.
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:43 pm
quote : #3
Pwnage! Thanks!

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:07 pm
quote : #4
v4 looks neat, although i wish they woul try and make the framerate better before they make it easier to play Confused
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:25 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Warp Pipe, to quote Dark Slayer:

Quote:
Is so ghetto

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:20 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have a feeling the guys who currently are working on xbox tunnelers are going to make a cube tunneler. XLink is already working on one. But even still they are more concerned about 'capturing' users to their XLink service then producing a top notch tunneler.

Warp Pipe is more concerned about the community they have there than improving the code.

At the moment Warp Pipe is deemed un-playable. Every time I have ever tried it even with people who live near me its still horrifically slow. I have a fast ass DSL line too with 320kbit upstream.(aka 40kb/s)

I won't play cube games online tunneled until I get 90% framerate or more. Otherwise the gameplay experience is just not pleasurable.
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:38 pm
quote : #7
McRing_Ring wrote:
v4 looks neat, although i wish they woul try and make the framerate better before they make it easier to play Confused

I'm from the Warp Pipe forums and they have informed us that there is no way that their Program can speed the game up anymore. They have tried and tested dropping packets and compresing the data, these have been added and are at there max at the moment. Now the speed is basically on what speed ADSL you ahve and how close you are to your opponent. The only chance we have now of having faster games is if the developers of LAN games make the game more compatible with high latency (ping)!
Anyway, from what i've heard v0.4 is looking good, and now with the multi cube feature in, it should be even better!!

Hope i have been of some help

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:24 pm
quote : #8
[Sm]Eclipse wrote:
McRing_Ring wrote:

I'm from the Warp Pipe forums and they have informed us that there is no way that their Program can speed the game up anymore. They have tried and tested dropping packets and compresing the data, these have been added and are at there max at the moment. Now the speed is basically on what speed ADSL you ahve and how close you are to your opponent. The only chance we have now of having faster games is if the developers of LAN games make the game more compatible with high latency (ping)!
Anyway, from what i've heard v0.4 is looking good, and now with the multi cube feature in, it should be even better!!

Hope i have been of some help

ah ok, i dont check their forums too much