Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

This only affects European PAL region subscribers. On June 9th Sega of Europe will close down their 50Hz servers. Here is the exact press release from playsega.com where users currently subscribed to PSO in europe can log in and read this there as well. The decision was made due to the low number of gamers taking advantage of the 50Hz servers. Nothing more, nothing less.

**** IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL USERS ****
From 9th June 2004 the PSO Episode I&II players will no longer be able to play online using the 50Hz TV display option. SEGA recommends that any player using the 50Hz option immediately change their PSO settings to the 60Hz TV display.

This change does not affect players who are already using the 60Hz TV display, who do not need to take any action.

To switch to a 60Hz display, place the PSO disc in your Gamecube and press the 'Reset button'. Hold down the 'B button' whilst the Gamecube restarts. A message asking 'Would you like to display in 60Hz mode' is displayed. Select 'Yes'.

Further instructions can be found in your PSO Episode I&II manual. Alternatively, please contact SEGA Product Support, who will be happy to help."

rank 9
Posted:
Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:26 pm
quote : #2
I'm guessing that this doesn't in any way indicate that Sega of Europe is planning on any further GameCube PSO server shutdowns, right? I'm guessing that this is just a shutdown of those special, European-player-only servers.

Is that correct?
frokid879
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:03 pm
quote : #3
funny thing is that i think the 50 mhz servers are still online for the dc :?

Posted Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:20 am:

3 more days Shocked