Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 10:07 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I read before E3 that Nintendo would be unveiling a new piece of hardware that would presumably occupy the final expansion port at E3. However, I haven't read anything about this and now E3's over. Anybody know what I'm talking about or what happened to this piece of hardware?

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
SolidSnake
rank 1
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 4:33 pm
quote : #2
I saw the Nintendo press confrence and from the looks of things nindeno dosnt want to end this generation of consoles so soon.

Posted Mon May 17, 2004 4:34 pm:

Which is good cause i dont think any of the current consoles have been pushed to their limit. Cuz the games still keep looking better and better Very Happy .
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #3
Yea, remember Nintendo said that while Sony and MS are focusing on the future, they [Nintendo] are focusing on the present. The GameCube has so much potential and Nintendo's going to milk it as much as they can. One thing bothers me though. Didn't Nintendo say that they were going to release some accessories for the GameCube? I didn't hear anything about accessories in that press confrence.

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #4
Exactly; I think that's what Lunar Eclipse was saying. Not a replacement for the GameCube, but a new accessory that would fill the last expansion port.

I haven't heard anything either.
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 6:34 pm
quote : #5
Maybe it's a tiny hard drive. Very Happy (wishful thinking)

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 6:53 pm
quote : #6
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:

Heh... Or maybe a "DS Player." Smile
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 7:04 pm
quote : #7
martianviking wrote:
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:

Heh... Or maybe a "DS Player." Smile

That's a better educated guess than mine. lol Very Happy

SolidSnake
rank 1
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 7:22 pm
quote : #8
To bad Nintendo dosnt milk the Gamecubes online capabilites Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 7:49 pm
quote : #9
I doubt it'll be a hard drive simply because Nintendo seems to be fond of doing their own thing and now both Sony and MS have hard drives for their systems. A DS player is possible, but I don't know about that. First of all, it wouldn't be possible to attach both the DS player and GB player at the same. Also, I'm willing to bet Nintendo wants to sell as many DS portables as possible before it offers any alternate mode of playing the games that it offers (and, more practically, how would you adapt the touch screen to the TV?). I really want to know what Nintendo has in store for their addition to the GCN, but I have no idea what it could be.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed May 19, 2004 1:06 am
quote : #10
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
I doubt it'll be a hard drive simply because Nintendo seems to be fond of doing their own thing and now both Sony and MS have hard drives for their systems. A DS player is possible, but I don't know about that. First of all, it wouldn't be possible to attach both the DS player and GB player at the same. Also, I'm willing to bet Nintendo wants to sell as many DS portables as possible before it offers any alternate mode of playing the games that it offers (and, more practically, how would you adapt the touch screen to the TV?). I really want to know what Nintendo has in store for their addition to the GCN, but I have no idea what it could be.

Your guess is my guess. The extra port is very tiny so it could be something like a RAM slot, just like the expansion pack on the Nintendo 64. Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 11:46 am
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Your guess is my guess. The extra port is very tiny so it could be something like a RAM slot, just like the expansion pack on the Nintendo 64. Very Happy

That would be an awsome idea. The expansion pack for N64 drastically helped Perfect Dark and Rogue Squadron on N64. I still have mine :]
rank 23
Posted:
Sun May 23, 2004 1:57 pm
quote : #12
I'd like something more than RAM... What, though, I dunno... Remember, the N64 had a measly 4mb of RAM before the expak, and even after that, it was still only 8mb. The GCN has quite a lot when it comes to a console, 24mb. That's just regular RAM too, not ARAM or any other RAM they've got in there.

Though I'd be very happy when they finally make a console with the amount of RAM that my new computer will have... 1GB of RAM ::drools::