Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:48 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Eventually this summer I plan on getting Sonic Heroes on GameCube. Some people said the game wasn't that good. I have the demo and thought it was pretty awsome. Is getting the full game a good idea? Just wondering whether true Sonic Fans really liked it, or if it was a letdown. Just trying to spark some conversation. I'm a true sonic fan and will prolly be getting it anyway but wanted to hear some of your thoughts on it as well.
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:26 am
quote : #2
In my opinion the bosses were way too easy, some of the bugs are annoying, but its still playable with these bugs. If you liked the demo, i think you'll like the full version
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:15 pm
quote : #3
Ok word as long as it has a lot of reply value and its fun thats what counts to me.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:13 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, I love Sonic and the game was pretty good, but like McRing said, there are some annoying bugs and glitches and the camera is still sometimes tweaked out. For the most part the game is amazingly fast and the level design is cool. Things can slow down with three characters, but the game is still very cool.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:40 pm
quote : #5
Was the camera better atleast than the other sonic iterations. From what I played in the Demo it seemd better to me. Not all fixed. But slightly better.
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:41 pm
quote : #6
Yea the camera is not that bad but its still annoying at times i bought it a week after it came out and i haven't played it i only beat it with the rose but it was fun. I'm gonna start playing it this week hopefully..

BryanGallardo
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:48 am
quote : #7
The Sonic Games are some of my favorites, I think u should get it. It is a realy fun game but don't always listen to reviews theyre not always accurate and the people that write them may not like those kinds of games.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:02 am
quote : #8
Since this thread started in 2004, I did indeed pickup Sonic Heroes (actually I own every sonic game on the cube, besides Shadow...).

Sonic Heroes is the closest game to the 16-bit classics in my opinion. It retained the color and vibrant environments, kept up the speed, and while 3D, worked in a linear direction rather than having you exploring like SA2. Also, Sonic Heroes gives you sidekicks that you can actually control and switch between rather than just being tag alongs. It is a great game.
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 am
quote : #9
i got this game bundled with monkey ball for 20$ at walmart. i still haven't played it much. the extra characters sorta turned me off to the game. maybe i will give it another try some time.