Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic

Forum: General Online

Topic: No Next-Gen Online??

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 139
I found this article rather interesting and yet disappointing at the same time. Please read it.
Surprised

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/07/news_6102100.html
 
marioman
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:25 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 17
If there next gen system doesnt have it I will force myself not to buy it. I dont think this will happen though.
  _________________
...
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:32 am
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 519
I'm not gonna believe anything Nintendo says anymore. Why?
Well look at the little stunt they pulled off at this year's E3 with Zelda. Oh yea I think Mario 128 was supposed to be show at last year's E3. Oh no it was this year. Where is it?
Let me guess next year's E3.. Smile Smile Smile
 
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:54 am
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 139
It's funny that you say that because Nintendo said in March that they were working on a direct sequel to Wind Waker, but they only lied about that to distract the press from what their real Zelda project was going to be. I still think that the new Zelda is going to be sweet as hell! Razz
 
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:30 am
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 1636
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is all in regards to Nintendo's current systems. Iwata is kinda digging a big hole for himself right now with these constant ramblings about Nintendo's game philosophy's. It's the same press release he has made for the past year now. And has done it like 6 times or something. Same comments each time.

In any event the next Nintendo console should be fully online with a myriad of online games. The Nintendo DS will be online. The PSP is NOT online. Note the DS is full WiFi compatible. Reggie in the E3 pre-show stated live in-front of everyone that the nintendo ds is online. The PSP you can only play over a LAN.

I don't think Nintendo will go and release the DS with online, and then just scrap online for the next console.

Remember the next Nintendo machine isn't really gonna hit stores until late 2006 or early 2007. Thats a long ass way away.
  _________________
Homeland Character: トライジール (TRIZEAL)
PSOEP1&2 Character: lordnikon - Lv57 HUcast
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:33 am
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 59
Type: NTSC-U
Oh boy... here we go... ok, i'm not saying i hate nintendo, but once in a while they do rub me the wrong way... like now ...

Quote:
To back up his claims, Iwata pointed to sales during the 2003 holidays. "During the year-end shopping season last year, none of the online games succeeded," he said. "All the games that sold well were off-line games." Iwata did not name any games specifically, referring only to lackluster sales of "SCEIs online golf game," presumably Hot Shots Golf Fore!, which was released last November in Japan.


Notice the in japan part... ok, Japan's gaming market is shrinking, that sucks, but now nintendo has gone into "save the homeland" mode. if you notice with all their talk of the new systems and games, they have been focused on Japan. And i fear that in their attempt to save the japan market, they will completely ignore us US gamers.

Quote:
He even went so far as to say that the two portables were so different as to not qualify as competitors. "Just as the GameCube does not compete with the PSX, the Nintendo DS will not compete head-to-head with the PSP."


To me, this is just nintendo coppin' out again. its just nintendo trying to prepare the nintendo fans incase the portable does bad against the psp, they can say, "well, we weren't going up against them anyways." but no matter what, they know, I know, WE know, that the two are going to be compared and going up against each other. and just look back earlier, when the gamecube was doing horrible, what did nintendo say? "well, were not going directly against sony and microsoft, therefore, we should be compared." but if they're not going up against them, why did they drop the price of the GC to be competitive? Then why did they themselves compare sales figures with the other 2, after all, they weren't even going up against em...

and on the whole graphics don't mean anything anymore thing, ok, I may sound like i'm contradicting myself here, but i don't feel like graphics make the game. i love 2D, and gameplay is king... but, that being said, i didn't plop down 200 bucks for the worlds most powerful nes/snes/n64 emulator. like 90% of Nintendo's own software have just been completely lackluster in this department. Wario ware is just the gba game with some high res art here and there, mario kart had a lack of geometry, loz: four swords is practically an snes game (although, yes, that is part of its charm too...) i guess i'm saying if your gonna give the system some meat, you might as well use it.

/rant mode off... well, these are but my opinions, i could be wrong... but i'm sure many can relate to what i'm feelin right now...
  _________________
-Now Playing: NesterDC SE-
-Timesplitters 2 completion: 95.5%-
-Timesplitters 3 completion: 100%-
-F-Zero GX Local Online Ranking: 1st in PA-
AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:40 pm
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 97
Don't forget that Nintendo's new console is supposed to be different than the current consoles today. So online play may not even be in the field...
  _________________
AC/DC-153
Late-Senomar-155
(Indolence)-23
Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:32 pm
quote : #8
profile : pm
Posts: 80
i won't get it if it is not online. That's the main reason i bought Xbox, for Xbox live
 
marioman
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:39 am
quote : #9
profile : pm
Posts: 17
Chile wrote:
i won't get it if it is not online. That's the main reason i bought Xbox, for Xbox live
Yea, thats also why I bought xbox.
  _________________
...
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:58 pm
quote : #10
profile : pm
Posts: 103
marioman wrote:
Chile wrote:
i won't get it if it is not online. That's the main reason i bought Xbox, for Xbox live
Yea, thats also why I bought xbox.

It's the reason most people buy the Xbox.

As for Nintendo's next-gen system, we'll just have to wait and see. No matter what else it is or isn't, I'd be willing to bet that it is going to be fun. And that's the main point, isn't it?
  _________________
As the audio experience is integral to this game,
for maximum enjoyment, headphones or an ideal listening
environment are highly recommended.
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:22 pm
quote : #11
profile : pm
Posts: 459
marioman wrote:
Chile wrote:
i won't get it if it is not online. That's the main reason i bought Xbox, for Xbox live
Yea, thats also why I bought xbox.


That's why I bought a PS2. For the online games, for FREE. I had just canceled my PSO hunter's licence (just? wow, it seems like it was just a few months ago, but it was probably over a year ago...) and wanted some more online action. Xbox Live! costs too much (it actually costs...), so I got a PS2. Now I happily play many an online game for free. but this was offtopic, so... whatever.
  _________________
...
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:31 am
quote : #12
profile : pm
Posts: 139
Oh well, I'm sure whatever Nintendo makes it will be of the best of quality online or not. Very Happy
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic