Topic: I got Tales!

Page 1 of 2
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:18 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Wow, I got Tales of Symphonia yesterday and I can't put the controller down! I got some poster thingy and an art book which EB has not recieved yet, with it. Does anyone else have this game?

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:24 pm
quote : #2
i preordered it like 5 months ago, going to pick it up today or tomorrow, I've been tracking the game since the JP release and it just looks so good!
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:43 pm
quote : #3
I've got it too. It's a great game, and I'm currently playing it with my brother. I got the art book and lithograph which are both really cool. I love it; it's the first truly great GCN RPG.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:17 pm
quote : #4
I haven't gotten a solid GC game in awhile. Tales got pretty good reviews and it looks like loads of fun with a great replay value. I'm just concerned about it battle system, its kinda like PSO right?
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:41 pm
quote : #5
It's not really like PSO at all. The battles are much more fast paced and involve the use of techs assigned to various buttons. It's more like a fighter (kind fo like SSBM for like of better comparison). The battle system is great and makes it fun to level up.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:58 pm
quote : #6
I can't seem to figure out how to make it 2 player >_<
Posted:
Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:38 pm
quote : #7
Go into the tech menu in the sub-screen and at the top there are choices auto, semi-auto, and manual. Auto means computer controlled, semi-auto means player controlled but the character will automatically run towards the targeted enemy, and finally manual is full player control.

marioman
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:47 am
quote : #8
Im reanting Tales right now, its great. The story keeps you guessing, the battle system is fun, and the rest of the gameplay is fun as well. It should be even better when some friends come over today to play.
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:27 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
I have 2 questions about tales before i go out and get it.

1. how difficult is it? I would like something to give me a good challenge.
2. how easy is it to level up? i like a game thats after i beat it, and i'm not maxed lvl, i can go out and just become uber-strong and keep me playing for a good while., sor ta like skies of arcadia.
-F-Zero GX Local Online Ranking: 1st in PA-
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:36 pm
quote : #10
Zeiram_Wing wrote:
I have 2 questions about tales before i go out and get it.

1. how difficult is it? I would like something to give me a good challenge.
2. how easy is it to level up? i like a game thats after i beat it, and i'm not maxed lvl, i can go out and just become uber-strong and keep me playing for a good while., sor ta like skies of arcadia.

It's pretty hard, expicially at the beginning, for many reasons, like the healing items cost to much for the budget you have, using a healing tech uses too much TP, computer controlled characters can be pretty dumb in combat, so you gotta watch out for that.

I wouldn't worry about beating it soon though, it has over 80 hours of gameplay, but it's pretty easy to lvl up, once you can easilly handle the monsters Mr. Green
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:25 pm
quote : #11
It's not hard if you know what you're doing. I've figured a lot of so far, but I've only got 8 hours into the game. Very Happy

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:33 pm
quote : #12
The difficulty isn't too bad unless you manually turn up the difficulty setting yourself. And for me, levelling wasn't a problem since the battles are so engrossing.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:17 pm
quote : #13
I just got to disc 2 and the story is great, the battle system doesn't get repetitive(sp?)

This is the GCs greatest RPG
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:27 am
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U/C
McRing_Ring wrote:
I just got to disc 2 and the story is great, the battle system doesn't get repetitive(sp?)

Woah.... pso? pso? you like it better than pso?! Hehe.
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:27 pm
quote : #15
lordnikon wrote:
McRing_Ring wrote:

Woah.... pso? pso? you like it better than pso?! Hehe.

Offline RPG of course hehe, nothing can beat PSO Surprised

Posted Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:42 pm:

Wow, just beat it, terrific ending, I'm going to do some stuff that I missed before, and get tons of grade to carry over to my new game Mr. Green

By the way, did anyone catch what Lloyd said at the very end of the anime cut-scene upon beating it? My speakers are so shot I couldn't here it Neutral, but he might have just said nothing...

I also wanna get a hit combo above 50, my highest is 45