Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just like the Zelda Collector's Edition Disc, a disc containing a playable demo of Metroid Prime 2 and much more (including a history of Metroid feature called Metroid Chronicles, a Metroid Art Gallery, and two Metroid Prime 2 trailers) will be available with the purchase of a new GCN. Luckily for those of us who already have a GCN, Nintendo is offering the disc with a Nintendo Power subscription OR if you have registered a GCN AND five (5) games on the Nintendo website. If you meet the pre-requisites, go ahead and reserve your copy of the demo disc which will be shipping out on the 20th of August. I'm really glad that Nintendo is stimulating interest in Metroid, and I hope we'll see many more offers like this in the future.

Head to http://www.nintendo.com/metroidprime2.jsp to sign up for the disc if you meet the requirements.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:46 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
HA! We both made topics at the same time Smile I just moved my topic in here to reply to your thread and make it tidy.
------------
I need to get a second nintendo gamecube for the purposes of a LAN setup. As well as using 1 GC exclusively for PSO, and the other gamecube for all other games. I have a ASCII kb/controller hybrid. I hate having to just keep disconnecting it and pulling out my memory card when I want to play other gamecube games. I wish other systems where like the dreamcast where all 4 ports could be used for anything you wanted.

Anyways, so thats my logic.

So just recently they announced officially that the Metroid Prime bundle will get released. It will include a demo disc of metroid prime 2 echoes. The demo will include a history of the Metroid series, a gallery of Metroid Prime 2 artwork and two trailers for the upcoming game. The GameCube bundle itself will be wrapped up in its own Metroid themed package.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/04/screens_6104089.html?page=1

Check out the bundle pack shot. I hope that the game included is not the player's choice cover, but that cover right there in the photo having both the main game and the demo both in the same gamecube case. Which would totally rule.

This is like the greatest deal ever.

Also you can get this demo 1 of 2 other ways as well. Subscribing to Nintendo Power, or registering 5 games(not sure which ones).

The gamecube might not have a bagillion releases coming out, but what is, is like someone pissing gold nuggets into your hands. I love you nintendo.

August 15th is when its set to be in stores.
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:51 pm
quote : #3
Yea, I belong to My Nintendo and they just sent me an email telling me that I qualify for the bonus disc because of all the games that I have registered. All I had to do is click "yes" on the email and it said that they will send me the bonus disc on August 20th. Very Happy

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:00 pm
quote : #4
*spazzes out and signs-up for Nintendo.com*

I'm going to get this disc, come hell or high water. And this means searching the games at Blockbuster for the little insert. Smile

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:01 pm
quote : #5
oh my god, i gotta go run and register some games.... i just hope i have some they want.....

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:08 pm:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am 1 friggen game off from getting it............ i only got $15 now so I can't go out and buy a new one.........

Man I am SOOOO pissed off right now

anyone got a spare registerable game? Neutral
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:16 pm
quote : #6
McRing_Ring wrote:
oh my god, i gotta go run and register some games.... i just hope i have some they want.....

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:08 pm:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am 1 friggen game off from getting it............ i only got $15 now so I can't go out and buy a new one.........

Man I am SOOOO pissed off right now

anyone got a spare registerable game? Neutral

Go to your local game rental store and open up the cases and take the codes. Not like they're going to use them. Mr. Green

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:18 pm
quote : #7
Don't know how it works in US but they empty out the actual game box and put the game in a locked gamebox, with the store logo on it Neutral, usually the manual will get stolen after the first time it gets rented out too
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #8
This is how I did it. When you buy a compatiable Nintendo game, it comes with an insert that has a key code on it that you use to register the game. You can't just say, "Hey I have a registerable game in my pile of games!" and try to register it. Plus, I've been a subscriber to Nintendo Power since 1990. lol Very Happy

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:29 pm
quote : #9
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
This is how I did it. When you buy a compatiable Nintendo game, it comes with an insert that has a key code on it that you use to register the game. You can't just say, "Hey I have a registerable game in my pile of games!" and try to register it. Plus, I've been a subscriber to Nintendo Power since 1990. lol Very Happy

I've registered all my games that have the insert.....

At EB i may be able to open a gamebox though.... just steal the insert/write down the number

If i did have the money I would just buy one of the games and return it in 14 days for a full refund
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:32 pm
quote : #10
This is how a friend of mine got the Legend of Zelda Collectors disc without buying the games. He went to Blockbuster Video and rented three of the compatiable games, and he was lucky enough to still find the inserts in the games that he rented. Go try that people. lol Very Happy

Kontact
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:14 pm
quote : #11
With the purchase of a new GCN? what the hell is that?

.............ITS A GAMECUBE PEOPLE. Wink

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:24 pm
quote : #12
I guess I just click the accept button on the website. It says there that I have accepted the offer, but I wish they would send me a confirmation e-mail. That would make me feel more secure about getting it. Nintendo did say that they would send out shipping confirmations on the 20th though, so I'll just wait for that.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:27 pm
quote : #13
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
I guess I just click the accept button on the website. It says there that I have accepted the offer, but I wish they would send me a confirmation e-mail. That would make me feel more secure about getting it. Nintendo did say that they would send out shipping confirmations on the 20th though, so I'll just wait for that.

I felt the exact same way when I clicked on the accept button. Waiting is the most painful process.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:41 pm
quote : #14
Whoa, I swear I remember Nintendo saying that they didn't like demo discs and that they wouldn't give them away, yet here we are with a demo disc for Metroid Prime 2! Awesome!!
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:43 pm
quote : #15
Kontact wrote:
With the purchase of a new GCN? what the hell is that?

.............ITS A GAMECUBE PEOPLE. Wink

Yea but I needed another one anyway. I had planned to buy another gamecube for having LAN games sitting at my fingertips in a networked environment for when friends come over. So it works out in my favor. It was something i was gonna do anyway, I had been talking about getting a second one for a long time now. Getting a 'metroid' themed bundle with an MP2 demo just sweetens the deal. I just wonder wether I am limited to a platinum cube, or I can get a black one. I really wanted a black one.