Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:22 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
satoshi wrote:
Whoa, I swear I remember Nintendo saying that they didn't like demo discs and that they wouldn't give them away, yet here we are with a demo disc for Metroid Prime 2! Awesome!!

You are correct. They said that they didn't want the public to have demo disc's but would let retailers like Wal-Mart or Best Buy to have them for people to play on their displays. Still, this is a very good thing, I can't want until mine comes in. lol Smile

Kontact
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:26 pm
quote : #17
lordnikon wrote:
Kontact wrote:
With the purchase of a new GCN? what the hell is that?

.............ITS A GAMECUBE PEOPLE. Wink

Yea but I needed another one anyway. I had planned to buy another gamecube for having LAN games sitting at my fingertips in a networked environment for when friends come over. So it works out in my favor. It was something i was gonna do anyway, I had been talking about getting a second one for a long time now. Getting a 'metroid' themed bundle with an MP2 demo just sweetens the deal. I just wonder wether I am limited to a platinum cube, or I can get a black one. I really wanted a black one.

Uhh haha, I meant the word G C N. Smile

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:59 pm
quote : #18
Shoot...one game short...

I should buy one of those Classic NES Series games...but I have no money.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:37 pm
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
McRing_Ring wrote:
Don't know how it works in US but they empty out the actual game box and put the game in a locked gamebox, with the store logo on it Neutral, usually the manual will get stolen after the first time it gets rented out too

I know Blockbuster usually guts the game boxes before putting them on the shelf. Movie Gallery does not, which is how I got my year subscription to Xbox Live (long story). Mr. Green

-Mytho

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:19 am
quote : #20
Damn.....I have to check how many games I have registered if I could remember my password... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #21
WOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend bought 1080 Avalanche(Little bastard didn't tell me til today) and let me take the number since he had no idea what it was for...

I can't wait til I get it Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:02 pm
quote : #22
Here is the list of the games that I have registered if anyone wants to see what they could get.

1. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
2. Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda
3. GBA Video: Pokémon - For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!
4. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
5. GBA Video: Pokémon - Johto Photo Finish
6. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
7. Legend of Zelda, The: Four Swords Adventures
8. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:51 am
quote : #23
Kontact wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
Kontact wrote:
With the purchase of a new GCN? what the hell is that?

.............ITS A GAMECUBE PEOPLE. Wink

Yea but I needed another one anyway. I had planned to buy another gamecube for having LAN games sitting at my fingertips in a networked environment for when friends come over. So it works out in my favor. It was something i was gonna do anyway, I had been talking about getting a second one for a long time now. Getting a 'metroid' themed bundle with an MP2 demo just sweetens the deal. I just wonder wether I am limited to a platinum cube, or I can get a black one. I really wanted a black one.

Uhh haha, I meant the word G C N. Smile

Ohhhhh I thought you were trying to say something else lol. I understand you now. Yea I don't get why they say GCN. Why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it NGC? (Nintendo GameCube) Whenever I see GCN I always think, GameCube Network.
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:23 am
quote : #24
If you register systems does it still count towards the count for the bonus disc?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:15 pm
quote : #25
lordnikon wrote:

Yea I don't get why they say GCN. Why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it NGC? (Nintendo GameCube) Whenever I see GCN I always think, GameCube Network.

People got the acronym confused with another system (Neo Geo Color, I believe).

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:35 am
quote : #26
But its NGPC, neo geo pocket color. *lordnikon throws up his hands*
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:36 am
quote : #27
DarkLink18 wrote:
If you register systems does it still count towards the count for the bonus disc?

Well, you do need to register your Gamecube (which doesn't count towards the five game total), but registering any other system will not count towards the five game total that you need to get the disc which is kind of strange considering that registering GBA games does count towards the total.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:21 am
quote : #28
lordnikon wrote:
But its NGPC, neo geo pocket color. *lordnikon throws up his hands*

Exactly what I said about the whole matter. Get the freakin' acronym right! Rolling Eyes

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:07 pm
quote : #29
I don't think anyone uses the acronym NGPC for Neo Geo Pocket Color anymore, or for that matter knows that it exists. lol Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:21 am
quote : #30
Well I can no longer get the Metroid Prime bundle. I don't have the spare cash. Why? Cause I did the math for this fall season. And from now until the end of november it will cost me 280.00+taxes to buy all the games I wish to purchase. I can't wait on any of them and they are all must have titles. Here is what I have to buy:

NGC: 08/24/2004 - $29.99 - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PS2: 09/14/2004 - $29.99 - Gradius V
PS2: 09/28/2004 - $49.99 - Armored Core: Nexus
GBA: 10/04/2004 - $29.99 - Metal Slug Advance
PS2: 10/25/2004 - $39.99 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
PS2: 10/26/2004 - $49.99 - Killzone
NGC: 11/15/2004 - $49.99 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

TOTAL: $279.93(not including taxes)

So there is unfortunatly no room for me to splurge on a spare gamecube to get the metroid prime 2 demo disc. Also this only includes new releases. I also purchase older games for the dreamcast, saturn, and ps1 as well. Plus I really wanted to get Shinobi on PS2 also. So at the moment I won't even be able to look into getting the Metroid Prime bundle unless I score more client work or something. Sad