Topic: So I pre-ordered Ep 1&2 Plus

Page 1 of 2
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I went ahead and did it. Couldn't help myself. I've actually never pre-ordered anything before, but I figured that I was going to go down to the store and buy it anyway, so I might as well reserve a copy to make sure that it wasn't sold out when I got there. I ordered it online at ebgames.com and told them I'd pick it up at a local store.

I'm definitely going to keep playing PAL PSO v2 for the Dreamcast, mostly because of the genuinely nice people that I have met who play it. (Well, also because it's free, it's a great game, and I have a lot of love for my Dreamcast.) But I really wanted to check out Ep 2 along with some of the new items, and I'd also like to have the ability to do in-house multiplayer on the same console.

Here's looking forward to Tuesday the 24th!
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:05 pm
quote : #2
Do you need to currently have a subscription of the first GameCube PSO v1&2 to play Plus?

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:35 pm
quote : #3
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Do you need to currently have a subscription of the first GameCube PSO v1&2 to play Plus?

Nope, you can make a new supscription anytime, even on plus and you can transfer your characters to PSO+ just like the ver1 to ver2 on Dreamcast
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:18 pm
quote : #4
I
Need
My
JP
PSO+
NOW!!!!

Damnit, its at my aunts too (Lik Sang and there "ship to billing address only" and she wont mail it, and I wont see her for a few months Sad

Ah well...still got JP Ep3 I guess...

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:27 pm
quote : #5
Link00seven wrote:
I
Need
My
JP
PSO+
NOW!!!!

Damnit, its at my aunts too (Lik Sang and there "ship to billing address only" and she wont mail it, and I wont see her for a few months Sad

aww... man that sucks, why don't you just pay for the shipping for it?
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:37 pm
quote : #6
McRing_Ring wrote:
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:

Nope, you can make a new supscription anytime, even on plus and you can transfer your characters to PSO+ just like the ver1 to ver2 on Dreamcast

Indeed. I do not own any PSO titles for GameCube; to date, I have only played the Dreamcast version (not that that's a bad thing, mind you).
link343
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:38 pm
quote : #7
I asked the Guy at my local Game Crazy to Call me when they start taking Pre-Orders.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:16 am
quote : #8
McRing_Ring wrote:
Link00seven wrote:
I
Need
My
JP
PSO+
NOW!!!!

aww... man that sucks, why don't you just pay for the shipping for it?

Ya know, i'm an idiot, I didnt think of asking her that! lol.

Her reason though is "I dont have time to run to the post office" and since she's handicapped...thats a valid excuse Sad

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:57 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
martianviking wrote:
I went ahead and did it. Couldn't help myself....

...I'm definitely going to keep playing PAL PSO v2 for the Dreamcast, mostly because of the genuinely nice people that I have met who play it. (Well, also because it's free, it's a great game, and I have a lot of love for my Dreamcast.) But I really wanted to check out Ep 2 along with some of the new items, and I'd also like to have the ability to do in-house multiplayer on the same console.

Here's looking forward to Tuesday the 24th!

OK, you better have a ton of time on your hands. I did this before. Last summer. Let me tell you it is near impossible to play both DC and GC PSO at the same time. Just to give you an idea of how hard it is. I, who started this website...DO NOT OWN a copy of PAL PSO, which is FREE TO PLAY. I won't even buy a copy even though it's tempting. Why? I would have to sell my soul to the devil in order to have enough free time to play both.

There is a LOT more stuff in Ep1&2 for gamecube than there is on V2 DC. So much more that after a week, you'll be thinking to yourself 'oh no what have I done'.

All I am trying to say is, that having both in your house will be overwhelming. I know it was for me. But if you have some hardcore hours you can devote to both, then you should be ok. I recommend making just 1 gc character and that's it for GC PSO until your totally done with DC PSO. I made the sore mistake of making 4 whole characters within the first month of getting GC PSO. I was playing 6 characters. 2 on DC v1 and 4 on GC.

Then there is also the fact that if you start subscribing to GC PSO Hunter's Liscense, there is a whole nother PSO game to play online in Episode 3 at no extra charge.

Now if you decide NOT to get a HL for GC, then you might be even better off. Meaning if you used DC PSO for online and then GC PSO for offline, then it might work out pretty good. However no matter how you approach this situation your in for some hardcore decisions to make. It is extremly tempting to just convert entirely over to GC PSO. I am so far into PSO on the cube, that it's impossible for me to go back to another platform. Maybe it's because of having ep1&2 and ep3 and how they are integrated online in terms of buddy lists and lobbies and the fact that the HL covers both.

I don't know, anyways, your gonna freak out when you boot GC PSO ep1&2 cause its just awsome in everyway. I can't wait to get my copy as well on the 24th. Even though it's just small upgrades and online only content in offline format, it's still a HUGE deal to me and probobly my most anticipated release of the season. I can't wait.
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:29 pm
quote : #10
I play both Dreamcast v2 and GC. I bought a HL for GC so i was online for 2 months. not that impressed. I didnt like the community that much. Plus as far as quest and items there just not that much extra. So im not gonna subscribe till some new quests show up. or some special rappys come around again. So since school has started again I am going to be playing DC PSO online each night, and then gamecube PSO multiplayer only. And i mainly just play Cmode offline anyways. cant wait for EP1and2 Plus. I need a new job.
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:05 pm
quote : #11
Since School is comming around the Cornner, I'm going to be a good boy and do My homework and stuff first, Then PSO!

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:20 pm
quote : #12
link343 wrote:
Since School is comming around the Cornner, I'm going to be a good boy and do My homework and stuff first, Then PSO!

Awesome idea.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:09 pm
quote : #13
So when youi transfer your character does everything gets transferred with the character.?
I heard that you had to start from level 1..tell me is not true...Confused

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:35 pm
quote : #14
DarkLink18 wrote:
So when youi transfer your character does everything gets transferred with the character.?
I heard that you had to start from level 1..tell me is not true...Confused

Complete rumor, dont worry
Posted:
Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:37 pm
quote : #15
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
link343 wrote:

Awesome idea.

I second this.

-Mytho