Page 2 of 2
Apple
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:13 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
martianviking wrote:
And yeah, I've done the "waiting outside for the shop to open" thing. But have you ever got up early waiting for the fishing tournament to start? Smile

Don't even have a pole yet!

I was reading reviews on GameFaqs and most were positive. The negative ones were like, "This game makes you feel obliged to play and is repetitive." It's true but isn't that why it's fun?

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:56 pm
quote : #17
martianviking wrote:
Oh, you are definitely right on Animal Crossing needing online town-to-town travel.

If you can swap memory card data then you could visit towns online, because the memory card option on Animal Crossing does let you bring your whole town to another person's house. How well it works and how much equipment you'd need, I can't say.

And yeah, I've done the "waiting outside for the shop to open" thing. But have you ever got up early waiting for the fishing tournament to start? Smile

Just reset your Gamecube's clock to the time and date that events happen if you miss something. It works all the time. lol Very Happy

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:12 pm
quote : #18
Apple wrote:
Don't even have a pole yet!

I was reading reviews on GameFaqs and most were positive. The negative ones were like, "This game makes you feel obliged to play and is repetitive." It's true but isn't that why it's fun?

Exactly. That's why it's fun. If you really feel like you're "obliged to play," then you aren't having fun anymore and you should just go do something else and stop worrying about it.

Good luck on getting a pole. Smile

Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Just reset your Gamecube's clock to the time and date that events happen if you miss something. It works all the time. lol Very Happy

And yeah, I have to admit I've done that a couple of times. But only a couple.

Off to boot up Animal Crossing for the first time in a few months... I can't even imagine the weeds I'm going to have to pull...
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:44 pm
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
Apple wrote:
I played Metal Arms on PS2. It was cool, but only worth it if there's 4 players on GC.

You can have up to four players on the 'Cube. A story (and a word of warning) about the four player feature though:

Last year, a friend and I decided to have a post-Christmas game night. We invited a few of his relatives and poped in Metal Arms first. His cousin and sister were pretty confused by what was happening as my friend and I were zipping around in the hovercrafts and dumping their characters into the abyss. The frame-rate was pretty sluggish as well.

Overall, our collective feelings on the four-player multiplayer were that, while frantic, and fairly playable, it wasn't something we would try often.

-Mytho