Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:53 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
So I got Animal Crossing a good long time ago. I played it quite a bit and got pretty into it for a few months. Yes, I know it's really silly and cutesy. Even so, and even though it's a Japanese N64 port (shows a bit in the graphics), it didn't take me long to realize that it's a great game (and you have to give it credit for including a free memory card).

At some point I swapped my girlfriend my cube (so I could play her Xbox and DOA:XBV, and she could play Animal Crossing for a while), and her sister eventually got interested and played her character a bit. Apparently one of the residents in my town asked her to teach them a new word (they told me about this, but I didn't think much about it at the time). Then I got my cube back and didn't plug Animal Crossing in for about nine months (as my fellow townsfolk keep reminding me).

Thanks to Apple, I remembered Animal Crossing and plugged it back in. Now, sometimes the animals in my town say things like this:

" Anyhoo, you probably want something, don't you? So what is it, fo'shizzle? "
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:59 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
oh man i love that! Cept i'm a bit meaner and teach my animals things like jag-off and douche bag. I used to play ac hardcore, then after a while it sorta fizzles, but i still find myself hopping in every so often just to find the things i don't have yet. now if only i had an action replay i could get punch-out! super mario bros. and zelda, then i'd prob. play the thing all the damn time.
-F-Zero GX Local Online Ranking: 1st in PA-
Apple
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:15 am
quote : #3
I'm not playing today anymore. Nook's Cranny is closed so it's not worth playing! At least he's getting a bigger store. I managed to rapidly get money fishing in the ocean and paid of two debts so I already have a basement. After you collect the items you want, I can see how it would get old, but it still can get an hour without you even noticing.

Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:02 pm
quote : #4
i teach them profanity. Confused

Apple
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:53 pm
quote : #5
Couldn't you think of something more intelligent to teach them?

Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:25 pm
quote : #6
nope Twisted Evil

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:07 pm
quote : #7
Well it's better than the gibberish bullshit that's in the Sim's. lol Very Happy

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:56 am
quote : #8
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Well it's better than the gibberish bullshit that's in the Sim's. lol Very Happy

Heh, true. You gotta love the "Hey! I almost understood that word!" factor of Animal Crossing speech.

On a side note, anyone got access to a more "simple" looking bed than the ranch bed or pineapple bed? Those are the only two I can order from Mr. Nook so far, and I really want something nicer to go with my spartan bedroom. Just let me know what you want in return.

Remember, we can send things to each other via the internet using codes (from the shop).
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:47 am
quote : #9
Go to www.gamefaqs.com and they have list of all the universal codes for Animal Crossing. Very Happy