Page 1 of 1
osx089
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
this just in from PSOW:

Gametrailers.com now has the Phantasy Star Universe trailer posted on thier website. It lists GC, PS2 and X-Box as the platforms it will be available on, but doesn't give a release date yet. The trailer is a must-see for anyone who has not seen it yet.

i saw this 2-3 mins of game trailer, \ im not even the biggest PSO fan, and i practically jizzed myself. the game just lookes wonderful. it even looks like a revamped version of EQ but placed in the future. there is no dought that ill be getting this game for one system or the other. the only question that i have is, will all the games be able to play together? i know crossplatforming is posiable, but not likely b/c microsoft is real gay and only wants their players to play w/ there players. but u never know whats going to happen.

being the MMORPG fan that i am, ill be watching this game closly.... how about yall at OC?

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:06 pm
quote : #2
I was hoping PSO didnt turn into a MMORPG...*sigh*

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:12 pm
quote : #3
Quite frankly I'm not believing anything til I hear something right from Sonic Team. I could easilly say that PSU is going to be like DDR. Would some people believe me? Probablly.

I think we should all just stop speculating about it until ST officially says something.
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:23 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
That PSU video was the same video we have all been watching for months. It's not new, I don't get why PSOWorld would have posted that link. But anyways that trailer is older.

And if GameTrailers was the one saying the game was multiplatform....how are they a credible source? They are just as clueless about PSU as PSOWorld is, they just prolly put up info cause they had to classify the game as something.

Sometimes PSOWorld will post anything, so gotta analyze the source. They state cube-europe as a source for that info on psu being a mmporpg. To be honest, no idea where cube-europe is getting their information on that.

I am going to wait for some concrete press releases.

Also remember how Ghouls and Ghosts online was scheduled to be multiplatform? And then cube and ps2 versions were scrapped.

All I can say for certain, for me as a gamer is, if PSU strays too far away from the PSO formula, then I will have a hard time playing it online and paying a fee for it as regularly as I do for PSO. I will be buying PSU for offline play as long as it has it. But regular online depends on wether, the game sticks to PSO gameplay, or goes PC MMPORPG style. I don't like standing around in a circle with 15 other people fighitng against 1 monster in a turn based tea party.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:34 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
...I don't like standing around in a circle with 15 other people fighitng against 1 monster in a turn based tea party.

Heh heh... Neither do I.
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:51 am
quote : #6
It will feel kinda weird for me I guess...but like everybody says its better to wait for ST to reveal official information for it. Until then...don't get your hopes up people.... Shocked Shocked Shocked