Topic: how popular is LAN tunneling?

Page 1 of 1
Belmont
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:08 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
i was wondering how popular Lan tunneling was on the Gamecube... If you connect do you see ppl that is also connected or do you have to schedule games......?

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:38 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
LAN tunneling over on warppipe's software is pretty social friendly. It has a messanger you can connect with on the PC that would allow you to find gamers. The LAN games themselves don't have a 'lobby' persay. It's more like a serial cable connection more than anything. Will say "waiting for other gamers so connect" kinda thing. And then once someone is connected it will switch to the gamesetup screen.

The key to playing GameCube online via tunnel, is both users gotta be kinda nearby each other location wise. Definatly not across the world. And also have to have some nice upstream.

I have 1080 Avalanche as well as MKDD. I have tried MKDD online a few times...but it was early on in warppipes lifespan. So I really need to try it out again to see if things have improved.

I have been hearing lately that 1080 might run the best. But will have to wait and see with my own eyes how it performs.
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:29 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
LAN tunneling over on warppipe's software is pretty social friendly. It has a messanger you can connect with on the PC that would allow you to find gamers. The LAN games themselves don't have a 'lobby' persay. It's more like a serial cable connection more than anything. Will say "waiting for other gamers so connect" kinda thing. And then once someone is connected it will switch to the gamesetup screen.

The key to playing GameCube online via tunnel, is both users gotta be kinda nearby each other location wise. Definatly not across the world. And also have to have some nice upstream.

I have 1080 Avalanche as well as MKDD. I have tried MKDD online a few times...but it was early on in warppipes lifespan. So I really need to try it out again to see if things have improved.

I have been hearing lately that 1080 might run the best. But will have to wait and see with my own eyes how it performs.

Hey! Good to see you here from the DC forums! I might play MKDD with you sometime if you want to!
Yeah, LAN tunnelling is pretty big, because it's already better than only playing PSO. I have Ep III, but I don't play online anymore. I might (when I complete the game) get back online, but meanwhile, it's WP for me.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:12 am
quote : #4
I run OnlineConsoles kirby hehe :] So of course I would be here.
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:12 pm
quote : #5
well which softwear is "better", kia or warp pipe? i have heard warp pipe can be terribly slow at times. I have a BBA and kirby air ride and my two friends may be getting both of them too. 1 friend is right down the street, and the other is halfway across the state. would that pose too much for lag?

and as a side note, if anyone wants to play kirby air ride in city trial ( the best mode of course) im up for it!
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:19 pm
quote : #6
WarpPipe was entirely abandoned by its developers.

Xlink is much better I have heard. Also I want to test out the small app we used for tunneling PS2 games, which is called GIT.

As far as Kirby, you should be able to play with your friend down the street ok. And as for your friend across state...should run "ok" but you will definatly have latency. Also I should clarrify having nice upstream is crucial.

As soon as I get Kirby I would be more than happy to test it with you.
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:43 pm
quote : #7
well my upstream is 512, my ISP recently offered me double my speed for online 4 bucks a month more. I live in texas just to let y ou know. so would our lag be pretty bad?