1, 2  Next
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
The new quests are pretty cool, but I just got it so I'm going to go play it more!

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:03 am
quote : #2
I got it Wednesday and I was able to play for a bit. Since today I don't have classes I'm gonna play it. Quick question though do you have t owers unlocked already?
If so how did you do it? I think I already know the answer but I wanna be sure of it... Very Happy Very Happy

Belmont
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:09 am
quote : #3
im going to get the Ep 1 and 2 plus here soon.. Should i get the origional ep 1 and 2 as well or just the plus version... ?

whats the major differences between the two?

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:28 am
quote : #4
Well the thing is that now is kinda hard to find Ep I & II in stores so your best bet is PSO+. The only difference between the two is that Plus offers 3 offline quests that were only available online. Also, EpII C-Mode and finally no double save if you play online. SO definately Plus is the way to go..

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:47 am
quote : #5
Belmont wrote:
im going to get the Ep 1 and 2 plus here soon.. Should i get the origional ep 1 and 2 as well or just the plus version... ?

whats the major differences between the two?

That would be stupid too, PSO episode 1 and 2 can cost up to $60, while PSO+ only costs $30
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:55 pm
quote : #6
PSO+ offers
Central Dome Fire swirl is back
Seat of the Heart
East Tower
West Tower
EP2Cmode offline
Battle Rule 7 and 8 for multiplayer
No double save
Shop dupe trick is fixed
Nights and Chu Chu minigame GBA download.

I think thats it, if I have missed something let me know.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:55 pm
quote : #7
ok i will just be getting the + version.

Zen
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:55 pm
quote : #8
I have also gotten PLUS Wednesday, and I love it!!!

THE PICTURE QUALITY IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now My brother and I can play at the same time....=D

Hope to see you guys Online

~Zen

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:37 pm
quote : #9
Heh, I got it on Thursday too.

I started a character, and played straight through the forest, caves,and mines before turning it off (the defeat of Vol Opt brought my HUnewearl up to Lv 14). Once you start, sometimes it's kind of hard to stop, you know?

I found it to be almost exactly like the Dreamcast version (with a few tweaks and improvements), but of course I haven't yet fired up Episode 2 or any of the other improvements. I'm looking forward to checking it all out.

I'm also looking forward to offline multiplayer, and perhaps a little online every once in awhile... We'll have to see. Smile
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:26 pm
quote : #10
martianviking wrote:
Heh, I got it on Thursday too.

I started a character, and played straight through the forest, caves,and mines before turning it off (the defeat of Vol Opt brought my HUnewearl up to Lv 14). Once you start, sometimes it's kind of hard to stop, you know?

I found it to be almost exactly like the Dreamcast version (with a few tweaks and improvements), but of course I haven't yet fired up Episode 2 or any of the other improvements. I'm looking forward to checking it all out.

I'm also looking forward to offline multiplayer, and perhaps a little online every once in awhile... We'll have to see. Smile

Offline multiplayer can get pretty bad framerate, espicially episode 2, luckilly they dumbed down the graphics a bit for multi-mode so it isn't too bad

Online is great, if you love DC online you'll love GC online(Beside the $9.95 fee)
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:10 pm
quote : #11
McRing_Ring wrote:

Offline multiplayer can get pretty bad framerate, espicially episode 2, luckilly they dumbed down the graphics a bit for multi-mode so it isn't too bad

Dumbed the graphics down? Just like how regular PSOGC did it? Or even more so than that?
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:28 am
quote : #12
satoshi wrote:
McRing_Ring wrote:

Dumbed the graphics down? Just like how regular PSOGC did it? Or even more so than that?

Not sure, I'll check one of these days... I actually hope they did even more because sometimes on episode 2 it almost became unplayable
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:39 am
quote : #13
Are we talking about 4-player Offline here?? Neutral Neutral

Zen
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:12 pm
quote : #14
...Playing 4-player Offline is so freakin" laggy = l

But 3-player is not as laggy, lol

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:42 pm
quote : #15
I think I only played 4 player once, with my friend and two brothers. I've played three player a couple of times, and two player countless times. 4 player was... alright... I don't remember much though. Three player in both Ep.1 and Ep.2 wasn't bad, nor was 2 player. What I really don't like though, is the camera in multiplayer. I can accept slowdown, I see it in many games, but the fact that they messed up the camera for multiplayer is pretty bad.