Topic: Broadband or Dial-up??

Page 1 of 1
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:56 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have a cousin who has PSO and he wants to go online with it. The only problem is that he tried to get DSL but his computer did not meet the requirements. So his only option is to get it for dial-up.So my question is how good is PSO Dial-up.....
Is there a lot of lag or something???

Suppa Buddha
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:02 pm
quote : #2
It does't really matter. It pretty much goes at the same speed but then dial-up has a better chance of lagging rather broadband.
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:37 pm
quote : #3
never had dail-up but i do know u need modem adapter instead of broadband
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:05 pm
quote : #4
I know that there was virtually no lag over dial-up in the Dreamcast version, so I see no reason why it would be any different on the GCN version.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:08 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea PSO is one game where dial-up performance is great. On dreamcast you could have a full game of 4 people and have virtually no lag. Battle mode can get a little lagy though. With PC games, dialup lag is terrible making games almost unplayable. Console games, dialup performs rather well. This is atrributed to each system having the same specifications, so there is less latency.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:10 pm
quote : #6
First person shooters over dial-up on consoles still suck though.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
darkjedi
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:18 am
quote : #7
DarkLink18 wrote:
I have a cousin who has PSO and he wants to go online with it. The only problem is that he tried to get DSL but his computer did not meet the requirements. So his only option is to get it for dial-up.So my question is how good is PSO Dial-up.....
Is there a lot of lag or something???

what where the requirements my mom had similar problem i fixed it for her in seconds

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sat May 14, 2005 7:43 am
quote : #8
Lag with FPS console games? maybe with some but the DC quake does rather well with a 56k modem. I never did play Unreal on the DC or Outtrigger but i heard good things. Ask Nikon, he played those games before they went offline, i think.