Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
JasonX
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey, i was wondering which of the above mentioned game i should get 2moro! Could u plz tell me the pros and cons of both and ur recommendation,appreciated if you reply 2nite(7.45 pm my time now uk time) as im buying 2moro,cheers in advance,Jason Razz

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:09 pm
quote : #2
Of the two, I'd recommend Paper Mario 2 even though Animal Crossing is a great game. Paper Mario is just hilarious and despite its cartoony graphics is quite an epic. Even with great RPGs like Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos available for the Cube, I'd argue that Paper Mario is the most enjoyable RPG experience on the GCN at this point (the battle system is very polished, the story, as silly as it may be, is well told, the sound work is flawless, and the game simply looks great). The game is just downright fun and is simply a masterpiece.

As for Animal Crossing, I liked it as well, but it just really had no "WOW" factor for me. I know a lot of people love the game, but I only found it to be an amusing diversion. Also, Animal Crossing can get very boring and repetitive if you play it for more than 30 minutes to an hour on any given day. On the bright side the game is comical just as Paper Mario is, and the experience can last a very long time so long as you don't overdo it in any one sitting. Walking around and maintaining the town in the game can be a joy and it's surprisingly fun to run errands for the townspeople. Also, upgrading your house is great fun.

In closing, both games are great, but Paper Mario 2 is much more polished and is ultimately more enjoyable in my opinion.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:59 pm
quote : #3
If you want a game with lasting appeal then you should check out Animal Crossing. There is so much to do in that game, as the times change so does seasons and holidays. You do things for neighbors and can even swap memory cards with another friend who has the game to visit their town. As for Paper Mario 2, it's a good game but you can beat it in a day and the long back-tracking can get annoying.