Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Previous  1, 2
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:45 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
It most likely has the GC hardware built in. They have the technology to fit the power of the Gamecube into something small, smaller than the Rev.
Posted:
Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:06 pm
quote : #17
satoshi wrote:
It most likely has the GC hardware built in. They have the technology to fit the power of the Gamecube into something small, smaller than the Rev.

An emulator is much more likely since it will need one to play downloaded GC games anyway.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:01 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Notice how the prototype shots of the revolution had GC controller ports on it. I sure hope it does. I love the GC controllers.
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #19
lordnikon wrote:
Notice how the prototype shots of the revolution had GC controller ports on it. I sure hope it does. I love the GC controllers.

Those are definitely for the GC cames, but I've yet to hear word about whether you can use them for the retro, download games or not..
Posted:
Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:34 am
quote : #20
Quote:
Those are definitely for the GC cames, but I've yet to hear word about whether you can use them for the retro, download games or not..

Well I guess that depends on how radically different the Revolution controllers are..and someone mentioned that it was an emulator in order to download GC games but last I heard you don't download GC games but you use the same GC discs, besides I don't relly think it makes sense to download GC games when there might still be GC software lined up and also GC games would be really big and the Revolution would have to have a HD or very big Memory Cards which I doubt.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:27 pm
quote : #21
DarkLink wrote:
Quote:

Well I guess that depends on how radically different the Revolution controllers are..and someone mentioned that it was an emulator in order to download GC games but last I heard you don't download GC games but you use the same GC discs, besides I don't relly think it makes sense to download GC games when there might still be GC software lined up and also GC games would be really big and the Revolution would have to have a HD or very big Memory Cards which I doubt.

Indeed, you use the actual Gamecube discs as well as controllers and memory cards. Downloading them would not be possible. There is only 512mb of flash memory in the system. The game discs can hold up to as much as 1.3gb of data.

Edit: Grammar