Topic: Hmmm...Alien Hominid = Fun

Page 1 of 1
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yesterday, I was checking the release lists for GCN, and I noticed there isn't anything really interesting coming out for a couple of months. When I went to the store to buy Yoshi's Tough and Go for my DS, I decided to go crazy and buy whatever GCN game caught my attention. I saw Alien Hominid, and the art style looked crazy. The game looked a little bit like a retarded version of Metal Slug (which I used to play in the arcades).

Anyways, I bought it, and if you like side scrolling shooters get this game now. This game is better than Metal Slug and Contra even though it just looks like a crappy rip off of those games. Originally this was a game on Newgrounds, but it has had some serious upgrades thrown its way. If you have a friend to play with, it's even better.

All in all, this is a great game that I randomly picked up on an impulse. Maybe I should do that more often . . .

Last edited by Lunar Eclipse on Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:50 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Yep.

People compare this game to Metal Slug all the time, and with good reason. They're both excellent 2D side-scrolling shooters. If you like that sort of thing, this is an excellent buy at $30. You'll have fun with this one.

It's got a wonderful balance of cuteness and bloody violence.