rank 47
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 5:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
And what console would that be? GAMECUBE!!!! Very Happy

GameFront Reports:
04.05.05 - Sega plans to deliver the play collection Sonic Collection allegedly exclusively for the Gamecube. That writes the American multi-format booklet ' Play of magazines '. On the collection among other things also Sonic CD and Sonic The Fighters are to be.

I cannot believe this is really happening. Wow.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 9:18 am
quote : #2
Holy Jesus, this sounds too good to be true. I played Sonic CD for about a minute at a display in stores but never actually got the game. I've really wanted to play it for a long time now, and it looks like I may get a chance.

Now if only SEGA would consider releasing collections of some of their other great classics (Shining Force I-III anyone? Or maybe a Panzer Dragoon Collection?).

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Nintendork
rank 4
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 12:51 pm
quote : #3
this is freaking awesome. this is one of my favorite games of all time

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 5:21 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Hold On! maybe they going to release another(!) Sonic Collection, with Sonic CD in it for GC but usually when it's a compilation the soundtrack is usually diferent or worse than the original. Just check Midway Arcade treasures 2 were the Mortal Kombat II, and III sound is very bad comparing to the original. That's the reason why SEGA didn't release yet Sonic CD in a compilation. Compilations of games from CD or from an advanced mid 90 arcade version is always difficult to convert the sound well. Maybe they can do a good job in this one. Anyway the original will be always the best version. At least the EU/JP soundtrack is amazingly good. Actually i have 2 copys of Sonic CD EU version.
rank 1
Posted:
Fri May 20, 2005 1:59 pm
quote : #5
im still waiting and see if sega is going to release any old classics on the handhelds, I like the new line of sonic games for the handhelds but to my taste I perfer the classics

dwachill
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 31, 2005 10:26 am
quote : #6
Ha, ive actually got this for my Sega CD. This was probobly the best, and only, reason to own a Sega CD.
2zer01
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:52 pm
quote : #7
I only bought a Sega CD for the gamepopful mail, since it was one of the few first anime style RPG's that came out on a console with voice overs

dwachill
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:12 pm
quote : #8
My sega CD just broke Sad Sad Sad

Now i have to get this.
charmed_699
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:37 pm
quote : #9
yeay finally somewhere where people get excited about sonic cd on gamecube .
I recently picked it up way cheap in Portugal with luigis mansion free for 45 euros .
Cant wait to play all the online games when i get them and yeah sonic gems too when it comes out , better start saving Smile

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:07 pm
quote : #10
I had never played Sonic CD before until now that I got this collection....it's kind of confusing for me the going back in time thing I don't get what its use is but it's a good game from what I've played before. I loved Sonic R for the Saturn which I still have with Sonic R but I was never able to save it for some reason. I recently took out my Saturn and played some Sonic R and NIGHTS so to have it on the GC now is a gift from God. Very Happy Very Happy