Topic: anyone have their copy yet?

Page 1 of 2
nibelheimpromise
rank 3
Posted:
Sun May 22, 2005 6:26 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm thinking about importing this, but I was wondering if anyone here has their copy... I ask only because it'd be cool to hook up in the game and play together.
rank 47
Posted:
Mon May 23, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I still need to order this, waiting on getting $$$. I have to wait for this client project to finish and then I can money to purchase this game.
rank 3
Posted:
Mon May 23, 2005 7:37 pm
quote : #3
haha, well you need to tell that client of yours to get their ass in gear so you can get paid so you can purchase homeland. I did some in-depth research on it a few days ago and it looks totally awesome. At first I was a bit skeptical just because importing an MMO just didn't sound like the smartest idea... hehe. But, after reading up on it, it really wouldn't be too hard to communicate considering most people probably wouldn't be talking a bunch, you know since it doesn't support a keyboard... I don't know - maybe that's just me justifying the $70 I'm about to spend on it. ^_^

Nevertheless, the game really does look good. The conept behind it is pretty original (with the whole dungeon master and taking things back to the good old D&D days) the art style is incredible, and the single player (offline) doesn't sound like it's really story driven - so my complete lack of japanese wouldn't hinder the experience. I'm just really curious to see how the online exactly works... I know like, your gamecube acts as as a server but I don't understand how you connect to others and the whole process behind it. Do you know what exactly goes on with that aspect Nikon?
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:48 pm
quote : #4
I preordered it, but when they were about to send it I had no money and now it's cancelled. >_<
Posted:
Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:48 am
quote : #5
It should be noted that HomeLand will be a culture shock grind. Most likely a long drawn out process of messing with the game and learning a tad of japanese in the process. Anyone looking to get HomeLand, and thinking it is going to be a smooth online process should beware. For english speaking gamers, homeland is a tinker project for the gamecube online enthusiast. I guess what I am trying to say is, HomeLand is not for the casual gamer. Atleast not at the moment. When more trainers or translation guides become available then the average gamer can get involved more easily.

I should be getting it as soon as I can. Within the next month i should have it on order. Note it will cost me near 100 dollers. Since the game is well over 60, plus the cost of a freeloader, and then the import cost, then a new memory card.
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:25 am
quote : #6
I already have a Japanese (+US mod) cube and several memory cards with japanese formatting. ^^ I play the PSOEP3JP version and a lot of japanese games. I think though this can be hard to get into but I will write so much I can about it here. About 1 week left. =D
Posted:
Tue May 16, 2006 2:49 am
quote : #7
I just looked at a few screens and videos from this game and I think it's amazing. I don't know any Japanese and I mainly want to buy this game because of it's online mode.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue May 16, 2006 11:53 am
quote : #8
Yea this game does look amazing. I really want to get it soon as well. I am still doing some more research on the game's online functions. I am trying to determine if you can play the game over an isolated LAN, or whether the only way to network it is via a master list online.
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 16, 2006 12:14 pm
quote : #9
As far as I know, it doesn't seem as if it has LAN support or keyboard support for that matter.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue May 16, 2006 3:37 pm
quote : #10
Yea I have read the game does not support a keyboard, which is unfortunate. Also there might be a problem with freeloader. I have read some information that it changes the text to ascii instead of japanese characters. So one might have to mod a gamecube to get the game to work flawlessly, but I might have missunderstood some posts. I have yet to look into this fully.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed May 17, 2006 1:05 am
quote : #11
Quote:
Yea I have read the game does not support a keyboard, which is unfortunate. Also there might be a problem with freeloader. I have read some information that it changes the text to ascii instead of japanese characters. So one might have to mod a gamecube to get the game to work flawlessly, but I might have missunderstood some posts. I have yet to look into this fully.

I certainly hope that is not true. My GC and all my GC games are all PAL (except for Naruto Gekitsou Ninja Taisen 4) and I have the latest version of AR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skype - Hydean
MSN - mechoshira@hotmail.com
elph
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:01 pm
quote : #12
I know it's an old thread, but a gamecube can be softmodded with an Action Replay and an original nintendo 59 or 251 block memory card... it's kind of an involved proccess, but it can be done. So, if freeloader doesn't work, that would be a decent alternative.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:34 pm
quote : #13
I thought the AR boot process worked for pirated games only, and not original imports?
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:19 pm
quote : #14
Hmm... you might be right. Even then, I wouldn't have any qualms about backing up homeland to play off of that backup if I had bought it anyway.

Last edited by elph on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:32 pm
quote : #15
I will just buy a Freeloader Disc. Since I do not already own an AR for gamecube,

I have a lot of money coming in soon. So it looks like I will finally own this title in about a month.