Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i e-mailed Nintendo asking if they have any plans on making the next SSB online or not hope to get a response soon and will post it here to let u guys know

EDIT: found a site signing a petition to get it online if u wish to sign it
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:07 pm
quote : #2
Super Smash Brothers Online would be awesome.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:10 pm
quote : #3
Well they responded

Quote:

Message(#6851-000155-2941\1552941)

Hello,

While there is currently one online compatible game on the market--Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I and II, Sega has announced that they are working on a sequel to this game -- Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution. While we know that this game will be online compatible, we do not have any other specific details as of yet (i.e. what it will be like, release date, etc.). Stay tuned to our official web site (www.nintendo.com) for the latest information on this game.

As a hardware manufacturer, we strongly support our third party partners in their online gaming efforts and have equipped our system to support online play. We hope to see some additional online games from our partners in the future. However, as a software manufacturer, we have decided not to release any online games at this time, as the online gaming audience remains relatively small. Although we feel that widespread online gaming is a couple years away, we would like to assure you that we will continue to assess the popularity of this feature on an on-going basis. We will also forward your feedback regarding this issue so that the appropriate departments are aware of your level of interest.

Please note that if any additional online compatible games are announced for release, we'll be sure to post all the details to our web site.

One more thing, I wanted to let you know that we are inviting all of our consumers with Internet access to sign-up for a My Nintendo membership. As a member of this program, you can view the status of any order, repair, or subscription you set up with us. You can also maintain your subscription account (update addresses, review your account history, etc.). Plus, you can keep us up to date on your game preferences, the systems you own, and the type of information you want to receive via our exclusive e-mail newsletters. To become a registered member (which is free), go to www.nintendo.com and click on the "My Nintendo" icon located on the right-side of the screen.

Nintendo of America Inc.
Andi Anderson

that didnt answer anything at all except for Nintendo is lazy
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:59 pm
quote : #4
Write them back and say, "You didn't answer my question!!!!!"
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:44 pm
quote : #5
why bother Nintendos been lazy and heartless ever since they finished Golden Sun 2. Hey lordnikon get me a GC... hmmm sweet sweet heartful Nintendo
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:16 am
quote : #6
I didn't know Nintendo made Golden Sun 2. I thought it was Hudson or someone else.
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:10 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea basically thats some support person pasting you a corporate memo that is defualt to all online game based questions. There is not information about PSO ep3 on the nintendo.com website. Main company sites suck for providing the latest up to the minute information on games. They only post information when its 'safe' to post it.

Publically run, non-official websites have to spring up cause these companies can't do things right. Its so damn beurocratic. They didn't even mention anything about Capcom's MMPORPG "Ghouls and Ghost's Online", which is currently in production.

It is kool you got a response back. I am gonna start emailing more and more companies, seeing as how I got a reply back from worms 3d developers as well.

I'm going to sign that petition too MCRing_Ring.
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:34 am
quote : #8
Camelot made Golden Sun.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:39 am
quote : #9
oh yeah Nintendo just published Golden Sun was playing it dont know why ive beaten it like 3 times and i saw Nintendos name really going spacey
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:38 am
quote : #10
When Nintendo said in that letter that they support their 3rd party developers, that is BS. Nintendo treats them like competitors rather than partners. That's why Nintendo and their 2nd party developers make 60% of the games on the GameCube. About the SSB, I agree that it would be awesome to have it online. There are so many other Nintendo characters that can be added if a sequel was to be made.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:46 am
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
Uhhh...no thats incorrect. Nintendo failed to get the development kits out early enough to third party developers. It was a tactical error on Nintendo's part. Third Party developers didn't have enough time with the dev kits, while first party developers got them first. Developing a game on the gamecube is the most costly out of the current systems available. Even though PS2 is the most difficult to develop for....I guess Cube games cost the most in man hours and research time.

Their lack of QUALITY third party support is due to a slip up in getting the dev kits out in time. It was an accident....not really an intentional bias or a pride thing. They just screwed up plain and simple. Which is proven clearly because most all of the third party games are ports or mediocre games at best. All the top rated games for the gamecube are from first party dev's....who...have had the most time to get aquanted with the GameCube Dev Kits.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:42 am
quote : #12
Exactly. I don't get the impression that this was a "tactical" error on Nintendo's part. It feels like it was some corporate desk jockey (or number of jockeys) in the recent and online departments that dropped the ball and basically screwed everything up.

At least we've got Ikaruga, Mario Kart, PSO, Zelda, Viewtiful Joe.. um... wait.. do I need to continue? I think they're fine, even though they could be WORLDS better.

If only they spent some effort to make use of that wonderful BBA. But I have faith (as much as it is against my nature to sound like such a fanboy). Nintendo does know what the hell they're doing. They do. They'll be giving us copious amounts of fun (as they have been doing) for quite some time to come, I am sure.

I mean, come on. We're talking about Nintendo here, foks.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:12 pm
quote : #13
LOL! They say the online gaming audience is small..

hmm doesnt Xbox Live alone has over 500,000 subscribers? PSO has had 600,000 since its launch on DC, and of course Everquest which has over 500,000 even now many years later.

In the aspect of online, Nintendo don't know there ass from a hole in the ground.

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:10 pm
quote : #14
That's true. They really need to get it together with the online thing. I'm sure they eventually will, but I hope they're not waiting for the next console to do it. I mean, the existence of Warp Pipe alone should be enough of an indication to them that there's somthing here.

And remember, a printed out, stamped, and mailed PAPER letter to a corporation is worth many hundreds of emails.

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:36 am
quote : #15
OMG...Stupid Nintendo...I bet if they a Super Smash Bros. game online they will make lots of money..Nintendo listen to your fanboys... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy