Page 1 of 1
elph
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you've been waiting to get together a LAN party for Double Dash, let me tell you: Do it!

After a friend recently purchased a copy of Double Dash for his Gamecube, I began coaxing him to pick up a BBA. He only lasted a week, and boy am I glad. Shortly after receiving his BBA, we got together to play some 8-player MarioKart. In total there were four couples playing, for a total of 8 players. Everyone had a great time, and having eight players with no ability to choose the good cart/player combinations really evened out the playing field. My wife was thrilled to win several of the races (she doesn't normally do terribly well). Shine mode was also a big hit. Several at the party suggested we get together again to play some more.

In summary, if you have Double Dash and no BBA, you are really missing out!

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 am
quote : #2
hmm i have mario kart and a bb adapter but none of my friends do. It sounds fun though
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
elph
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:12 am
quote : #3
You might consider picking up another bba, that way you could get together with anyone who has a gamecube and mario kart. In my opinion, it would be well worth the $15-20 investment.

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:08 am
quote : #4
hey i might do that! I havent played mario kart double dash in a while, but i wouldnt mind getting back into it with some LAN sessions.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
elph
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:04 pm
quote : #5
I know exactly what you're going through, that's where my suggestion came from-- If I had known how incredibly fun having eight players going at Mario Kart was, I would've done it myself.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:35 pm
quote : #6
elph wrote:
You might consider picking up another bba, that way you could get together with anyone who has a gamecube and mario kart. In my opinion, it would be well worth the $15-20 investment.

$15-20? How and where did you get them for prices that low?

I haven't actually played any of the Gamecube games with LAN over a network, but I really want to. I think that buying two BBAs sounds like a good idea, because few Gamecube users own a BBA. (Many with whom I've spoken don't even know of the peripheral's existence!)

elph
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:21 pm
quote : #7
I got one off of ebay for $15 shipped. You just have to watch for them and bid at the right time. I've also heard that some GameStops have been selling them off for $1-3.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:18 am
quote : #8
Yea I have always been talking highly of setting up LAN events. Few go the extra mile to do this, but everyone who does, has a fantastic experience. Online gaming is great, but networking consoles locally where everyone is hanging out together is even better. It just takes dedicated, extra hardware and come coordination.

I myself finally have finally setup a secondary GameCube in another room. So, I am all ready to go for LAN action on the fly. The catch is that I still need an extra copy of Mario Kart Double Dash Wink
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 pm
quote : #9
Yeah, it's hard to get two TVs, two gamecubes w/BBAs, and eight controllers together in one place, but certainly worth it. We actually had another Double Dash LAN party today at work during lunch: A big screen in the break room and a projector in the conference room. It was a blast!

After we were done, everyone was talking about not only doing it again, but also about staying late after work one night to do it again.

Posted Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 pm:

Just thought I'd let everyone know, that once you get people started on Double Dash LAN parties it's hard for them to stop. We play 2-3 times a week at work now. Even my boss joins in on the action sometimes. I strongly suggest being the catalyst on getting a LAN party set up if you want to get your game on.

MasquedWarrior
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm
quote : #10
I tried to organize a LAN party for this game on Saturday, but it didn't work out very well. I had been calling people up hours before we had everything setup, but didn't get any replies. I hoped people would be done with what they were doing, but unfortunately, once we had two gamecubes hooked up to a LAN, and eight controllers, we still only had four people who wanted to race! Yes, I know we could still have races with only one screen to a kart, but for me, playing over a LAN is more about being able to play with more people than you would with a single console. I don't actually see having your own screen as too big of an advantage, especially when, in this game, you can't even choose your own character. We eventually resorted to playing 4-player battle mode, on the same console. Fortunately, someone else did later show up, so we could race with five people, but we were only able to play a few races with him before one of the other guests had to go. I'll try to set one up later today. I hope I can get at least six people at one time.