Page 1 of 2
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE ENEMIES OR START FLAME WARS HERE. Let's have some positive discussion about PSO.

I'm leaving PSO for now. It pains me to play the game anymore. There just isn't a wealth of things to do outside of smiting baddies. Let me visit other parts of Pioneer 2, make money more valuable, hell, let me have a different job outside of being a 'Hunter'. How about running missions for other people outside the Hunter's Guild? I've made my point. It's a very basic game I've grown tired over. The new C-Mode isn't going to ignite my fire, seeing as how people can now cheat on that. Just what we need, more 'l337 h4x0rz' who can dupe like mad. Sorry, but I'll decline.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' on old PSO. It's one of my favorite online games. I feel it is time to move on though.

A shame I didn't get to meet most of you, though. I wasn't able/refused to jump through all the gymnastics required to really make a network of friends. I personally thought Nintendo screwed up when it came to online gaming with the GameCube. "Leave the devout PSO and online gaming fans alone with two games. Then, if we ever release our network, they'll buy every game! Ha ha ha ha!" If your going to release two online games and provide horrifically low support, why even bother? Last year, Nintendo included LAN support for some of the higher-profile games. Maybe this year, they'll come out with full online play?!

Leveling up was such a bore. Now your asking "Why didn't you start a new character? You played a HUcast on DC PSO. Why not a Force or a Ranger?" Simple. I DO NOT LIKE THE OTHER CHARACTERS. I've played as all of them, and didn't find the game nearly as enjoyable. I will however, say that EP2 was exceptional. That is, if anyone else wants to play it with you.

If there is ever a PSO 2 (not Episode II, but a full-on sequel), it should be more in line with Final Fantasy XI. That is a game with serious depth to it. A persistant world would also be cool. Keep the same basic gameplay though. Just beef it up considerbly. The fighting could really be deeper. Make hand-to-hand fighting a skill, not a last resort. An extremely cool idea would be a SERIOUS expansion to Pioneer 2. You can visit other areas and make an arcade, fighting simulator, etc. I could go on.

Perhaps I'll return for PSO Epi. 3. Some friends of mine are getting it, and I want to try it out.

-TheMytho

I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE ENEMIES OR START FLAME WARS HERE. Let's have some positive discussion about PSO.

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #2
In my "OPINION" PSO offers way more for me then FF online, or for that matter any other game ever. End of story. Everyone has their own interests, and I wish you luck, if you can find a console action rpg that truelly compares with pso, let me know - I'll defintitely check it out. Until that time I will be questing, leveling, customizing, mag raising, stating, chatting and all the other things I can't do ANYWHERE else, in my "OPINION".

Many times I do wish I could get away from PSO, but in my "OPINION" PSO just has too much for me, instead of not enough. I wish I could get bored, because then maybe I could play some of the great offline games that have been coming for GCN, then Sonic Team has to go and make Episode 3 - Which in my "OPINION" will possibly be better than Episode 1 and 2 and make PSO, in my "OPINION" the most balanced, expansive and fun online console game in existence.

NOTE: This post is only my "OPINION".

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #3
You make MANY valid points.

I'm going to be completly honest. When i renewed my Hunters License, I had almost no intention of touching the EpI&II disk. I was totally renewing for Episode III. EpI&II has grown very old and tiring, and I cant even stand to play it for more then an hour at most.

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:49 pm
quote : #4
Nine: That's cool you still enjoy PSO. I played the game to death on Dreamcast, and the GameCube incaration doesn't really do too much for me. Maybe we'll see each other around on Episode III someday? Smile

Link: I hear ya. If I ever get my HL going again, it will be for Episode III.

-TheMytho

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:01 pm
quote : #5
TheMytho wrote:
I hear ya. If I ever get my HL going again, it will be for Episode III.

Same here, I plan on renewing my HL at the end of March for Ep.3. I'd probaby play Ep1&2 much more if I actually had friends on it.. My (real life) friend had canceled his HL some time ago, and at about that point, I had noone to talk to in the game. It does help when you've got people to play with, makes it more interesing, but that's just me. I was watching him (same friend) play FFXI though, and it does look pretty cool. I wish PSO was a bit more like a "true" MMORPG, with a persistant world, thousands of players in the same area at once, etc. (not saying PSO isn't an MMORPG, it still qualifies, just not in the same sense..). Hopefully, PSO2 (if they ever make it...) will be like that. I respect your opinions Nine, and you are right. PSO is truly a one of a kind game. That cannot be denied. In many MMORPGs, all you do is click on the enemy and you auto attack. I really like having to press the buttons to do combos, and even running away from them in real-time, only to get enough room to get a full combo in, make this game more enjoyable than Everquest and the like (IMO). But it does get a little boring, especially if you've got noone to play with (like me).
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #6
TheMytho wrote:
Nine: That's cool you still enjoy PSO. I played the game to death on Dreamcast, and the GameCube incaration doesn't really do too much for me. Maybe we'll see each other around on Episode III someday? Smile
-TheMytho

I only played on DC a couple of times, so its true I may not have had as long to get burned out, but I have played the GCN version for over a year now! (However I took time off during Summer).

I will see you on EP3 - I will probaly never stop playing that, well unless its to play EP1and2 - lol - thats another thing though, since characters and items are importable, it makes me want to play EP1and2 even more until release!!!

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:49 pm
quote : #7
I have to admit how impressed I am by the maturity of the members here at OC. If I posted this on some other message boards *coughGameFAQscough*, I would be covered in gasoline, and thrown into a bonfire.

Anyway, I popped in the PSO disc today just for kicks. Lo and behold, I had some fun with it. I will hopefully get EP3 soon. Smile

-TheMytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:57 pm
quote : #8
its hard to see people go, even if i have never played with them...

i would have my HL up all the time if i could just logon and see thousands of actual players(legit if you will) but a day like that can never be i suppose.

Good luck TheMytho. Ill be playing ep.3 for sure...
Posted:
Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:08 pm
quote : #9
Later TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:21 pm
quote : #10
After some deep consideration, I've decided that I want to come back for Episode III. Now that I've watched a few videos, my intrested is piqued. All I need is a keyboard and I'm set. Smile

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:54 pm
quote : #11
Another reason why people shouldn't say goodbye LOL cause people usually come back. Sometimes people take a break or chill out and play some other games. But usually come back and renew their HL after a bit.
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:42 pm
quote : #12
I just needed to take a hiatus from PSO and try out some other games. Now, I can't wait to return for the third installment.

EDIT: Yeah. I just forgot. Need a BBA too. (I only have a modem and my parents hate it when I tie up the phone line. Guess I'll route it to the PC.)

-Mytho

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 am
quote : #13
Good Luck with EpIII.... Smile Smile Smile

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:54 pm
quote : #14
I also forgot to cancel my HL and it's going to expire the third of March, so I decided to keep it.

Anyone want to play on the weekends? I don't have a keyboard so just talk with me using an IM program. Smile

-Mytho

Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:01 pm
quote : #15
do wut u want kid.... oh wait im the kid Laughing